AZ Barbeque.com

Been using My Baby since 1973!

Discussion started on

foodbme

I just joined the group. My handle is "foodbme" and my real name is Jim Clark. I live in Gilbert AZ. I've been BBQin' since Eisenhower was President! Rain, Shine, Sleet or Snow- No Problem!  I started with Charcoal but switched to propane in 1973. I'm still using the same grill that I bought then even though I've rebuilt all the innards 5 or 6 times. It's a Kenmore Built By Arkla. I don't think Arkla is even in business anymore but they built a terrific Cast Aluminum Grill! The reason I keep it is because it has a large and separate oven section where I can cook a 20# Turkey or Ham on a Rotisserie. Using indirect heat, I have the ability to add smoke very easily. When I die it's going in the box with me so I can cook for friends and family when I get to Heaven---Well, some of them. Some of them won't be going there!   
I would like to join someone's Competition Cooking Team to get the Competition experience before striking out on my own. If anyone needs a teammate, please contact me.
#1 - June 21, 2008, 04:48:06 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Jim,

Welcome once again, hope you can get some pictures of that BBQ as we would love to see it.  That's one of the great things about BBQ, it's a past time for many, many years.  Great story on this one.

Mike
#2 - June 21, 2008, 07:24:10 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: