AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• BBQ Comp - Safford, AZ: May 27, 2011 - May 28, 2011

BCS BBQ Cook-off in Safford, AZ Memorial Day Weekend, May 27th & 28th, 2011

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

This is this group's first event of this kind along with the first event of this kind for this Health Dept.

We are working with them, but it's a learning process for them.

The cost is $160 and the Health Permit is included in that cost.

You may bring your own meats for the competition, but you can NOT remove them from their original packaging until after the health dept inspects them.  Please have them in original packaging along with the receipt.

If you want to do people's choice, they will be giving you Ribs in which to cook to serve.  They are only charging the public $1 per sample with $.50 going back to the teams, but they are giving you the ribs, so it still works out OK.

We have done events like this before with the No Alcohol and food requirement and I'm sure we all know what to do.

Let's get the first event under our belts down here and show them how great it can be and I'm sure it will grow into a great event for years to come.
#16 - April 03, 2011, 09:26:35 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

jmcrig

You may bring your own meats for the competition, but you can NOT remove them from their original packaging until after the health dept inspects them.  Please have them in original packaging along with the receipt.

If you want to do people's choice, they will be giving you Ribs in which to cook to serve.  They are only charging the public $1 per sample with $.50 going back to the teams, but they are giving you the ribs, so it still works out OK.

Still a little unclear, are they or are they not supplying the meat for the competition in the professional division. The statement "You may bring your own meats for the competition" leads one to believe they are supplying the meat.
#17 - April 04, 2011, 05:26:21 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yes, you bring your own meats for the competition...
#18 - April 04, 2011, 05:40:16 am
Michael J. Reimann

seacus

As long as someone is manning your pit, its fine.  Sorry about the pets.....Talk to Graham County Health Department about that one. 
#19 - April 04, 2011, 09:08:49 pm

seacus

Brandon the entry fee is 160.00 and you supply the meat for the judges only.  SEACUS will provide meat for people's choice.  SEACUS is also picking up the tab for the temporary food permitt.  We just need teams to submit the paperwork to us, and we will turn it in with the fee.  Sorry about the confusion...its been a work in progress.  We are so thankful for Mike's expertise!!!   :)
#20 - April 04, 2011, 09:11:54 pm

grizmt

Good luck to everyone attending! Unfortunately we have a prior commitment in Boulder so we'll have to miss this one. Maybe next year?
#21 - April 05, 2011, 06:41:48 am

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

are there any spots for judges open?
#22 - April 05, 2011, 04:50:26 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Not sure yet Robert, keep checking back, we will post up something for judges in about 2 weeks..
#23 - April 05, 2011, 07:27:07 pm
Michael J. Reimann

pegraves

I too am confused.  First and foremost, what does "All meat will be handed out at approximately 8PM Friday Evening after the cooks meeting" as written in section 2 of the Rules and Information.  I'll guess that's the meat for the PC, but I for one would like clarification.
#24 - April 12, 2011, 07:14:50 am
22.5 Weber Kettle
18.5 WSM
KCBS CBJ #59539

Mike P in Tucson

OK, Matt and I are definitely in for this comp.  We finally got to meet each other over a Monkey Burger lunch.

As soon as we can decide on a team name for 2 guys from Tucson, we will be good to go.  Suggestions appreciated (not from Force, though :D).

Brandon the entry fee is 160.00 and you supply the meat for the judges only.  SEACUS will provide meat for people's choice.  SEACUS is also picking up the tab for the temporary food permitt.  We just need teams to submit the paperwork to us, and we will turn it in with the fee.  Sorry about the confusion...its been a work in progress.  We are so thankful for Mike's expertise!!!   :)

Even though SEACUS is picking up the food permit tab, I guess each team also must submit an application, is that coorect?
#25 - April 15, 2011, 12:32:45 pm
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:51:15 pm by Mike P in Tucson »
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Awesome to hear, look forward to seeing you both out there.

Yes, you still have to submit the app..
#26 - April 15, 2011, 02:19:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann

bucaguy

How about "2 guys from Tuscon"
#27 - April 15, 2011, 04:35:55 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike P in Tucson

That's an idea.  My wife suggested Dos Hombres.  I might want to expand that to "Dos Hombres de Barbacoa".  But that only works if we don't get a third member.

#28 - April 15, 2011, 06:09:21 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That's an idea.  My wife suggested Dos Hombres.  I might want to expand that to "Dos Hombres de Barbacoa".  But that only works if we don't get a third member.

Then it could be "Mucho Loco Hombres de Barbacoa"  ;D
#29 - April 15, 2011, 06:31:32 pm
Michael J. Reimann

n2dabluebbq

make it easy on the announcer(you are planning on winning ,right?). go with team MLB...
Mucho
Loco
Barbacoa
#30 - April 16, 2011, 10:02:57 pm
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:05:11 pm by n2dabluebbq »
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

Members: