AZ Barbeque.com

Thermometer for ProQ Excel 20?

Discussion started on

squealers

I use a Maverick 73 remote wireless!

I accidentally left it in my pants pocket and put it in the laundry.... it went through the full wash and I noticed it at the bottom of the washing machine while unloading into the dryer! :mad:

Now, my body told me that those thermometers are very fragile and they don't like rain water! ::)

I full wash :'(

so disassembled it to nothing, dried every little computer chips, circuit board etc... reassembled it and by the next morning it worked just fine!

although it worked, I don't suggest anyone try to wash them up:)

cheers,
M

#16 - October 29, 2009, 10:09:10 am
Taboo BBQ
Spicy Mike, Martin, plus a newbie

jmcrig

So if mine gets dirty, can I send it to you to be washed?
#17 - October 29, 2009, 10:14:12 am

c5rulz

Squeeler,

Do you reccomend delicate cycle or just normal?  Hot or cold matter? :D
#18 - October 30, 2009, 04:47:26 am

Tek465

While I wouldn't recommend a washing machine, I have been known to use a dishwasher to clean electronic boards.  Some of the radios I repair have had visitors that like to leave surprises in the equipment. A trip through the dishwasher and a rinse of distilled water usually bring it to near new status.

You're lucky, I've found that switches and displays do not like getting wet, But TV remotes seem to like it. ;)
#19 - October 30, 2009, 03:52:53 pm

squealers

Squeeler,

Do you reccomend delicate cycle or just normal?  Hot or cold matter? :D

this was just regular soap, I wold have liked to see a bleached load:):)
#20 - October 30, 2009, 04:03:54 pm
Taboo BBQ
Spicy Mike, Martin, plus a newbie

skou

While I wouldn't recommend a washing machine, I have been known to use a dishwasher to clean electronic boards.  Some of the radios I repair have had visitors that like to leave surprises in the equipment. A trip through the dishwasher and a rinse of distilled water usually bring it to near new status.

You're lucky, I've found that switches and displays do not like getting wet, But TV remotes seem to like it. ;)

OK, so, last week I'm busy websurfing away, and enjoying an "adult" beverage.  None of my computers live in cases, they're just sitting on a shelf, out in the open.  Well, I went to grab said beverage, and knocked it over, all over 2 of the 3 motherboards.  Instantly, I shut everything off, at the power supplies, pulled apart the computers, and went to Fry's before they closed to get a couple bottles of alcohol.  (No, not that kind, rubbing alcohol.)

Rinsed off both boards and let them air dry overnight.  Re-assembled the computers,and tested them.  One wouldn't power up.  Set it in a plastic tray, and soaked the end that got wet originally, in the rest of the rubbing alcohol overnight.  Next morning, I set it out to dry for a day.

Re-assembled the secong rig, and all 3 are up and running.

Never thought about using a dishwasher, but then again, I don't have one.

steve
#21 - October 31, 2009, 02:08:39 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

skou

In all honesty, we just upgraded to two of the ET-73's about a month ago (the dual probes are great).  Prior to using the 73's we used two different styles of the ET-901.  We have used the 901's for about 4 years and have had almost no issues with them.  The only problem I had was that one of the 901's stopped registering temps after being left outside during a thunderstorm.  It did come "back to life" after it dried out though.  So chalk that problem up to operator error.

I have also heard a few negative things about Mavericks, even here on the site.  It seems like a kind of hit or miss product from what I have read.  Luckily, we ha vent had any problems.

In short, we have had no issues with the Maverick products and we have really beat the hell out of both of the 901's.  I'm actually surprised that they are still functional.  I'll continue to use them until they piss me off.

I've got a couple of the 901s, and they work just fine.  I don't know if this is on all ProQs, but the bolt for one of the grill holders is drilled out for the probe.  There isn't a separate drilled rivet.  I didn't want to drill that out, as it might weaken the grill support.  I just sanded down the crimp on the probe, so it would fit through the holes.  It has been working just fine for me.

steve
#22 - November 21, 2009, 07:08:02 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

DesertRat

I was considering this for my new ProQ   http://www.partshelf.com/polder-thm-360.html

One in the meat, the other at grill level..  Thoughts?
#23 - March 10, 2010, 07:17:44 pm
Veteran blogger, rookie smoker. Outdoor writer, transplanted Canuck. Work for the U of A, in Phoenix

www.skinnymoose.com/dryrubbedrat

AzJohnnyC

I was considering this for my new ProQ   http://www.partshelf.com/polder-thm-360.html

One in the meat, the other at grill level..  Thoughts?

That's the right idea there. Similar to the Maverick I use.
#24 - March 11, 2010, 07:21:36 am
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Members: