AZ Barbeque.com

ProQ picts and first time out.

Discussion started on

SlantedBBQ

Just a few Pro Q action shots. Did chicken and two fatties on thursday night.
Just getting ready

All in A Row

Has a very large Fire BoX

The top loaded with Chicken

Two fatties on the lower rack

Ready to eat
#1 - May 09, 2009, 01:33:44 pm

AzQer

So give us a review of how the ProQ works and what you like and dont like. Looks like some very nice food.
#2 - May 09, 2009, 03:30:53 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

SlantedBBQ

I first impression of the smoker when it came out of the box was wow its very well built. All the lips and rings at the mating surfaces match and meet up very well. It has very minimal smoke leakage through out the entire system. The side doors are fixed to the smoker and actually seal up unlike a WSM. The side latches holding the segments together are just the greatest Idea ever. We switched out the two cooking racks while cooking allowing us to get the chicken closer to the heat in less than a minute. If for some reason the coals needed sturring one maybe some more added just unlatch the bottom two latches lift the hole assembly sit it off to the side do what you have to do and lift the whole assembly back in place and set the latches again. And with two twenty inch cooking rack you have tons of cooking space. The smoker also has three air dials on the bottom to aid in the adjustability of the heat but unlike the WSM with only three air ports these dials have four air ports.

Things that I had problems with the first time out with it where. Uneven heat disbursement There was about a constant 20 Degree difference bettween the bottom rack to the top rack and my temp gage on the top of the smoker was way off from the other temps I had on smoker. It also took some time to get up to temp. But at the end on the cook we closed all the baffles and airports to choke off the coals and I had a bunch of unused coals in the outer part of the smoke basket just because its such a big basket.

Over all I believe its an excellent smoker. It will just take some time getting used to controlling the temps. If you can get a hold of one, this is the time to buy one. I know I paid more than some other on the board but I believe I still am getting every pennies worth out of my purchase because this is just a great smoker.
#3 - May 09, 2009, 05:16:30 pm

force

One of the store managers at BBQ Galore suggested using fireplace felt around the lip of each section so that it would seal in the smoke better.......... I am going to try that......... thought that was clever...... so, let's go with it that it was my idea........lol
#4 - May 10, 2009, 11:54:47 am
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

mullet83

#5 - May 12, 2009, 06:18:10 pm
Horseshoes and barbecues

mullet83

#6 - May 12, 2009, 06:25:07 pm
Horseshoes and barbecues

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Looks great...
#7 - May 12, 2009, 06:28:19 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crashs Wife

Looks like you are getting the hang of it.  Looks great.  When's dinner?
#8 - May 12, 2009, 08:01:57 pm
Crash's Better Half :)
AKA Pit B!t@h

Quiggs

Looks like a very happy smoker!!
#9 - May 12, 2009, 08:03:55 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

mullet83

Thanks folks and you are right i am a very happy smoker!
#10 - May 12, 2009, 08:55:04 pm
Horseshoes and barbecues

KidCurry

Sweet!
#11 - May 12, 2009, 09:20:53 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

force

nice
#12 - May 12, 2009, 10:59:07 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: