AZ Barbeque.com

Napoleon (Pro Q)?

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

Went by BBQ GALORE (or whatever it's called now)today to get some salt free-dry rub for the wifey. Anyhow, they had a Napoleon smoker that looked IDENTICAL to the PRO Q Excel 20. Except for the badge, it's the Excel 20! Anyone know anthing about it? They are asking $399.00 and it comes w/ an additional stacker. I asked the guy behind the counter and he said he had never heard of Pro Q.  Just a note........
#1 - April 14, 2010, 04:33:48 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

G$

A friend has the napolean, and our team got a proQ from Crash last year.  They're the same, although my firends only came with 2 stackers. 
#2 - April 14, 2010, 04:38:11 pm
G$

jmcrig

I've had a hard time putting much credence in what the sales people at BBQs Galore tell you. Most don't know their own name. Sorry, but have never had much luck there.
#3 - April 14, 2010, 05:25:44 pm

birdie64

I have a Pro Q Excel 20 for sale.  NEW,NEVER USED, extra stacker, veggie grill, new cover, new, improved legs, $225.00 for AZbarbecue members, pics on Craigslist.   
#4 - April 14, 2010, 05:28:46 pm

AZWildcat

Oh......I know they can be morons. They often hire people who just do sales, their product knowledge is often lacking! Nothing personal to them, it just doesn't seem like they are really "into" Qing or grilling.
#5 - April 15, 2010, 10:13:31 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

skou

If you go to Pro-Q's website, and follow the links to sales, in this (USA) country, and our neighbours to the North, you end up at a site called Napoleon.

I'm pretty sure that Pro-Q is making these, for Napoleon.  (Or, maybe, Napoleon is making them under license.)

steve
#6 - July 10, 2010, 11:40:31 am
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

Chef Jim

I had emailed Ian, the maker of Pro Q in England.  He told me that they are now sold under the Napoleon name.  I believe that it's an AS300.  That's not a bad price, but for you guys in AZ you can get a ProQ 20 with an extra stack for $299.  Shipping might make it higher.
#7 - July 11, 2010, 11:22:10 am

Members: