AZ Barbeque.com

LEFT OVER PORK FROM PIG

Discussion started on

chrislamarque1

Any ideas or recipes on the leftovers from a pig pickin? Ive got quite a bit left, froze some, but just looking for new ways to enjoy it.
#1 - June 22, 2009, 06:24:35 am

bearbonez

just a thought

sofrito:
 2 medium green peppers, seeds removed
 1 red sweet pepper, seeds removed
 2 large tomatoes
 2 medium onions, peeled
 1 head of garlic, peeled
 1 bunch cilantro leaves
  1/2 bunch parsley leaves

mix in a blender.

get ya some cibata, hoagie roll or whatever

make a sandwich with some dill pickle slices, the pork, sliced ham, swiss cheese, and top with sofrito
#2 - June 24, 2009, 09:15:44 am
David "Bear" Nunley

toys4dlr

Sounds crazy, but I was in the mood for some sushi rolls, you know the typical. Cali, Pilly, some spicy tuna.  I also had some pulled pork left.  I mixed with BBQ sauce, made the roll, cut and topped with a dash of BBQ sauce.  The family was a little unsure, but they loved it.

A little out there, but it was tasty
#3 - June 24, 2009, 11:26:36 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

ddog27

Sounds crazy, but I was in the mood for some sushi rolls, you know the typical. Cali, Pilly, some spicy tuna.  I also had some pulled pork left.  I mixed with BBQ sauce, made the roll, cut and topped with a dash of BBQ sauce.  The family was a little unsure, but they loved it.

A little out there, but it was tasty

Pulled pork sushi rolls? That sounds like a fun idea! Might have to try that one!
#4 - June 24, 2009, 11:56:37 am
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

KidCurry

We always make carnitas with some of our left over pork.  Makes a great taco!!

Toss a little oil in a pan and fry the pulled pork until it is a little crispy...serve on a corn tortilla with salsa, cheese, guac and what ever else you like.  I like to use cilantro, it seems to work well with the smoked carnitas flavor!
#5 - June 24, 2009, 01:31:51 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

chrislamarque1

MAN! I forgot all about the carnitas! I lived in texas for about 9 years. Now I live in kentucky, not much carnitas around here
#6 - June 24, 2009, 02:04:40 pm

Tek465

How about some lettuce wraps? (I know, "If it's green, it's trouble, If fried, make double!" But these are tasty!) :P

Asian style- Stir fry it with green onions, some mushrooms, carrots and diced water chestnuts (or peanuts, cashews, celery for crunch). Add some Stir fry or Hoisin sauce, a little sesame oil. Then have some cilantro and lime wedges to dress it up.

Fajita style- Stir fry with some onions, peppers, tomato and some Mojo sauce. (Then have some cilantro and lime wedges to dress it up.)

Although, I'd also love some rolled tacos.... Maybe, even birria or posole would be good too, but it might be getting too warm for soup. (Then have some cilantro and lime wedges to dress it up.)

(Damnit, I think I'm out of limes and cilantro.)
#7 - June 24, 2009, 03:09:23 pm

Uzona

Not very imaginative, but your basic Chimichanga works great with left over Pork or Chuck Roll. 

Make up a batch or green or red Chile Sauce (use left over Chile Verde Sauce if you have it)
Mix the sauce in with the meat and re-heat 
Add onions, peppers, crushed tomatoes.
pre-heat tortillas
Roll it in a burrito and deep fry it.   
Top with lots of cheese and toss it in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese
Smother in more green or red Chile Sauce
Top with Lettuce, Sour cream and Salsa.  Add Guacamole if you must.
#8 - June 24, 2009, 04:55:51 pm
Don
BBQ Castaways.

toys4dlr

Everything is better Fried.  Except my arteries
#9 - June 24, 2009, 05:54:35 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Members: