AZ Barbeque.com

Rib Tips....What to do with them?

Discussion started on

Jay583

Does anyone have a good recipe or technique for rib tips? I've got a freezer full of them. I've tried cooking them on the pit similiar to my ribs but they end up overcooked or dried out or tough as nails. 
#1 - November 12, 2011, 09:44:37 am
It's all fun and games until you run out of wood.....then the neighbors will lose a tree.

Mark

Toss 'em in the bean pot. Lots of good flavor to impart and surprisingly edible after simmering for hours.
#2 - November 12, 2011, 10:20:17 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Crash

Sausage.
#3 - November 12, 2011, 04:16:39 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

bearbonez

trim em up, take out the cartilage. marinade in some garlic, ginger, soy sauce, srarachi, sugar and fish sauce. indirect grill em. Serve with tossed with some soba or thai rice noodles, lightly coated in sesame oil, and some carrot, cucumber cut into matchsticks, bean sprouts, fresh cheffonade (roll up stacked leaves into a tube and slice thin) of basil, and some chopped peanuts. Eat as a noodle salad tossed with your favorite asian dressing or use as a filling for lettuce wraps and serve with favorite asian dipping sauce.

You could also braise in a liquid of beer, peeled tomatoes, chopped onion and garlic, a little water, chicken bullion, a couple bay leaves , SnP and serve with some roasted potato and carrots.
#4 - January 05, 2012, 06:08:35 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

AzQer

Damn you Bear That sounds so good I may have to stop buying pre-trimmed just to try that recipe.
#5 - January 06, 2012, 09:08:54 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Members: