AZ Barbeque.com
Likes 2 Likes

BBQ Boot Camp

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

For those of you who are on the fence about competing or for those of you who just want to have the opportunity to see how a contest works, post up here for the Pleasant Harbor BBQ Showdown Boot Camp.

A few of our Local Seasoned Pit Masters will be competing out at this event and have agreed to host a BBQ Comp Boot Camp if there is enough interest.

BBQ Booth Camp is a great, unique opportunity offered by AZBarbeque and several of our great Seasoned BBQ Pit Masters.

Space is extremely limited.  Only 10 spots will be available in this BBQ Boot Camp.

The Boot camp will consist of every aspect you will need to know to properly compete in your own 4 meat BBQ Competition.  From picking out the perfect meats to trimming, prepping, injecting & rubbing them.  Then on to smoking them all while staying on track with your times.  This Boot Camp will shave years off of your learning curve.

Post up if you are interested.  If we have enough interest, we will move forward with this great concept.
#1 - November 15, 2017, 04:54:47 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

From one of our BBQ Pitmasters who will be co hosting the BBQ Boot Camp.

Rick McEvoy with Lip S-Macn BBQ

Both Smoke N Frogs and Lip S-Macn BBQ will be holding the BBQ Boot Camp at the Pleasant Harbor BBQ Showdown. You will learn everything you need to know to compete in competition BBQ from Meat selection, to cooking process, all the way to turn in of all 4 meats. This runs in conjunction with the contest from Friday evening on thru Saturday turn ins and is hands on as just like you would be competing. BBQ Boot Camp is perfect for anyone who has thought they would like to try Competition BBQ, teams with some experience that want to step up their game, and the back yard cook wanting to cook amazing BBQ.

Because it is hands on, we really need to keep it to 10 people in the Boot Camp, so if interested you need to sign up fast to insure your spot . It is important that that we keep this affordable, so we are only charging $100 per person or $150 per couple. 
#2 - November 15, 2017, 04:56:10 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

jasonsuper50

Please sign me up! Saw the boot camp team at PIR and want to be a part of the next one!
#3 - November 17, 2017, 07:04:38 am

AZRedneck

So is it possible (or feasible) to do the bootcamp and to compete? My sous chef is a rookie, and I don't really want to finish DAL again, so I will take about any help given.

AZR
#4 - January 12, 2018, 11:29:54 am

Mcevoyrom

The bootcamp will actually field a team and compete. This is where this is great if you are just starting out. We show you exactly what we do while we are competing, so there is no doubt we are leaving any secrets out. We make it hands on and the bootcamp then does the trimming, seasoning, cooking, and presenting with our direction. I think this would be the way to go if you are new as it will cut possibly years off your progression as a bbq cook/team. I had something similar to this that was as hands on when I started and with in months we were seriously competing as well as placing higher against some of the best teams in the nation.
#5 - January 16, 2018, 02:48:31 pm

Stuck-O

Really looking forward to meeting you all and seeing how this competition world works.
#6 - January 25, 2018, 10:33:33 am
Chris Stuckey (Stuck-O)
Bottlecap Barbeque

Members: