AZ Barbeque.com

Pellet over other cookers

Discussion started on

Harpo

Most of us have more than one type of smoker which got me to thinking. So the question is, Is there any certain type of meat that you would rather use your pellet smoker over your WSM or UDS or any other that you might have. So far I like my brisket on the Traeger better, but than could always change as I perfect on the other smoker.
#1 - August 18, 2010, 10:01:19 am
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

azmonsoon

Hmm. Good question. I haven't had my Green Mountain Grill long enough. I did spares the other night on the GMG using the same method I use on the WSM and I way overcooked them. I used basically the 3-2-1 method. 3 hrs without foil, 2 with, 1 without, thinned out Sweet Baby Ray's the last 30 minutes. Next time I'm going to go with no foil for about the same time or maybe a little less.

Give me a few more months and I'll throw out some opinions on this  :) For now I like my ribs better on the WSM, but I need time to experiment.

Pizzas on the pellet grill rock though.  O0
#2 - August 20, 2010, 08:28:30 pm
One Touch Gold
Smokey Joe
Lonely Gasser
Green Mountain Grill - Daniel Boone

Harpo

Pizzas on the pellet grill rock though.  O0
I totally agree about the pizza on the pellet smoker. I don't use the oven anymore for pizza. Next I want to do a take and bake from Pappa Murphy's.
#3 - August 20, 2010, 08:39:18 pm
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

Members: