AZ Barbeque.com

Calling all Pellet Heads

Discussion started on

Harpo

We finally have a thread for us so chime in and be counted. If your looking to buy a pellet smoker or have one this is OUR spot. I'm cooking on the Traeger Texas for personal cooking at home.
#1 - July 29, 2010, 09:11:53 pm
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

toys4dlr

FEC 100 at the comps and I cook on a FEC 500 at our Restaurant, Q-to-U-BBQ. 

#2 - July 30, 2010, 08:57:54 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Smell My Butts BBQ AZ

I'm a Pellet Head.
#3 - July 30, 2010, 11:02:02 am

AzQer

I swing both ways myself Pellets and wood/Charcoal. Use a Treager BBQ100
#4 - July 30, 2010, 12:07:30 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Crash

I swing both ways myself Pellets and wood/Charcoal. Use a Treager BBQ100
It's too easy.  You get a free pass Mark.   ;)
#5 - July 30, 2010, 05:03:05 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Harpo

I am glad to see so many coming out of the closet, I will be swinging both ways myself when my Good One Chuckwagon gets here. I cooked a pizza on the Traeger today.
#6 - July 30, 2010, 05:27:42 pm
FEC 100

Flagstaff BBQ & Catering

3 FEC100's. The triplets. Love em all! ;D
#7 - July 31, 2010, 07:30:43 am
JIM-
NEVER MET A PIG I DIDN'T LIKE!

The "Triplets" - 3 FEC100's

CBJ #6518

srankin1826

Traeger Texas new owner.  So far so good.
#8 - September 20, 2010, 11:25:33 am

Harpo

Traeger Texas new owner.  So far so good.
I Love my Traeger Texas. When I bought my trailer smoker people were ready to by my Traeger. No way Jose, It's a keeper.
#9 - September 20, 2010, 06:28:37 pm
FEC 100

SkinFan

I have a Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie.  Absolutely love it !!!  Once you have experienced cooking with a pellet smoker, you will never go back to stick burning.  You can always pick out the pelletheads at comps..... they always look well rested !!  Cheers !
#10 - September 21, 2010, 11:38:16 am
GMG Jim Bowie

Gourmet Grills

Hi T.A. How long have you had your GMG? How would you compair it with Traeger? I sell both.
Thanks
Ken
#11 - September 22, 2010, 10:34:50 am

SkinFan

I have only had my GMG a few months.  In my opinion, the customer service of GMG is second to none in the pellet grill market.  Due to the fact that Traeger has gotten so big, their customer service is not what it should be.  I think both grills produce fine BBQ, but the controller on the GMG is outstanding and very user friendly.  Having 5 degree increments is very handy. The p settings on the Traeger can be very cumbersome.  For the money, I think the GMG is hands down, the best grill on the market in the 1K range.

TA
#12 - September 22, 2010, 04:34:54 pm
GMG Jim Bowie

jcross

I have only had my GMG a few months.  In my opinion, the customer service of GMG is second to none in the pellet grill market.  Due to the fact that Traeger has gotten so big, their customer service is not what it should be.  I think both grills produce fine BBQ, but the controller on the GMG is outstanding and very user friendly.  Having 5 degree increments is very handy. The p settings on the Traeger can be very cumbersome.  For the money, I think the GMG is hands down, the best grill on the market in the 1K range.

TA

I was online with "pelletheads.com  and read several posts the the GMG did not produce much smoke due to the grill's efficiency.  How do get around the issue.  Thanks
#13 - September 22, 2010, 07:14:48 pm
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:17:25 pm by jcross »

ron b

ken is the biggest and best pellet head i know ......he is also a sponsor for site if not mistaken awesome guy and great deals. and really good chicken i might add ;)

Ron
#14 - September 22, 2010, 09:22:21 pm
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

birdie64

Ken, As you know I bought my first Texas O75 from you.  It has functioned flawlessly and as a result I have never had any need for customer service.  Your service and committment have been excellent.  In my Illinois location I purchased a second Texas 075 and it was not functional from day one and took several weeks to make it work.  Six months late I am still waiting and trying to resolve an issue concerning the front shelf and would give Traeger customer service an "F-".  I would be curious to know your feelings about the changes at Traeger and the difference in quality from the formerly USA manufactured grills to the currently China manufactured grills.  Does this have any bearing on your recent move to include the Green Mountain in your inventory?     DM
#15 - September 22, 2010, 09:46:52 pm

Members: