Prep 3: Shrimp;

Prep 4: Asparagus;

Cooking;

On the table!!!;
:P :P
Whats left;

:o
#1 - October 03, 2009, 09:48:12 pm
You can't drink all day if you don't start early.

jmcrig

Looks like someone missed a couple of pieces of corn. But really, it looks great.
#2 - October 03, 2009, 10:13:45 pm

SmoknAZ

Looks like someone missed a couple of pieces of corn. But really, it looks great.
On purpose. That was the one bad ear that we had. For corn bought in AZ it was pretty good. Damn I miss that Iowa corn!!! :'(
Watched the Outlaws on Speed tonight. Don't know how old or current the race was. Pennsylvania Open??? I notice by your avatar you are a sprint car fan.

#3 - October 03, 2009, 10:19:45 pm

jmcrig

I know what you're saying about the corn.
I watched the race also. It was actually run today with a tape delay. I prefer non-wing, but since they shut down Manzanita, there's not much sprint car racing around. My avatar is a friend in Missouri that I try to help when I can. He ran Knoxville 360 class this year. Coming from Eagle, it was a real eye opener for him.
#4 - October 03, 2009, 10:29:00 pm

RobOConnell

I noticed you didnt show the boil before it was done...  :laugh: What? You affraid we may find out where you live and crash the party? Hmmmm... very nice boil you had there. When is the next one?  :angel:
#5 - October 04, 2009, 08:12:10 am
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Quiggs

Looking goooood.. What spices did you add to the pot?
#6 - October 04, 2009, 08:24:09 am
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

SmoknAZ

Looking goooood.. What spices did you add to the pot?
Quiggs,
I normally use two bags of Zataran but Fry's didn't have it. Bought two pouches of Louisana Shrimp and Crab boil instead and it is more spicy than Zataran's. Also added tsp hot sauce, tsp of Emerils original essence, 2/3 cup of salt, 2 bay leaves, and tsp of whole peppercorns to 3 gallons of water. I got the recipe off of the Smoke Ring.
#7 - October 04, 2009, 09:52:53 am

azkitch

Pretty awesome. There've been some decent shrimp prices lately. It's about the only seafood my kid'll eat. Why is it they always say, "Fish? Yuk!" I don't know if Crash 'n' Lisa and Dave 'n' Karyn have it made, or  are in trouble, with kid that love sushi...maybe that opens them up to other fish things...
Ah, a week from now, I'll be in DC. Maybe I can find some decent fresh fish prices there. I thought that last time, and it was all "Previously frozen" or "Frozen Fresh". Whyz that? They even have water in the rivers there...
#8 - October 04, 2009, 10:29:21 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

RobOConnell

They even have water in the rivers there...

Huh? What is this stuff you speak of? :laugh:
#9 - October 04, 2009, 10:41:26 am
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Mike (AZBarbeque)

WOW, those look awesome.  I love Cajun Boils...
#10 - October 04, 2009, 01:48:44 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

skou

Every so often, we do a "beaufort stew," which looks like the same thing.

In a turkey fryer, you add some Zatarains crab boil, along with a bottle of the same.  Add a few onions chopped up.  At about 30 minutes before "zero time," add some decent (Andouille,or Polish) sausage.  At 20 minutes, add the potatoes.  At 15 minutes, add the corn.  At 10 minutes, add the crawdads.  At 3 or 4 minutes, add the shrimp.

At Zero Time, remove everything with a strainer, and dump on the table and dig in.  Table has BBQ sauce, melted butter, cocktail sauce, and PLENTY of napkins.  Table is set up in the yard, so spills aren't a real issue.

steve
#11 - December 14, 2009, 11:04:14 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Gotta love that..  Sounds tasty...
#12 - December 15, 2009, 12:02:57 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mark

Nice looking Lowcountry Boil! I've eaten them in Beaufort, SC (pronounced "Buford")

DC is a blast for fresh seafood. Lotsa blue crabs and croakers. Here's a link to their open air fish market. My sister lives in DC and its a must-stop so I can create a seafood feast for the family.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/XKcaNXKtcnTM6pYNMMD-Pw?select=ae1LqxzEYZb7cvUw3Qfiug
#13 - December 15, 2009, 06:57:52 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: