AZ Barbeque.com

German Food (Sauerbraden)

Discussion started on

Robgep

Here is one of my favriot from the kitchen where I cook. Get a beef eye round put it in a larg bowl and cover with a 50/50 mix of white vinigar and merlot red wine any cheap brand will do add alittle cracked black pepper and bay leaves. cover and put in the back of the fridge for about a week. Take it out and put in a cake pan or any pan that will hold it with sides on it add about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch of veggie oil set your oven as high as it will go and let it preheat put the cake pan on a top burner and char the top and bottom of the beef when browned put in oven cook 1/2 hour then add about 2 cups of water to it. (NEVER COVER IT) cook for another 1/2 hour pull out of oven and let it rest pour jucies in to a small pot add water and make a thick gravy using flour and water as the rue when gravy is thick and smooth add white vinager, bread and butter pickel jucie and merlot red wine till you have a sour sweet taste slice eye round and smuther in gravy and serve. experament with the gravy as i have never used mesurments to make it. enjoy
#1 - September 04, 2007, 04:44:38 am
Live and let live........ But if they don't let you live kick their butt!!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Interesting recipe.  I love German Food, so I may have to give this one a go, but sounds very labor intensive with a lot of room for error..
#2 - September 04, 2007, 07:36:35 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Robgep

Lol i hear that but seeing as i make 4 - 6 a week I could do it in my sleep lol anyway if you feel you need more info about one part or another let me know
#3 - September 04, 2007, 11:58:25 pm
Live and let live........ But if they don't let you live kick their butt!!

Members: