AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Out of the Ashes BBQ Comp: September 07, 2012 - September 08, 2012

Out of the Ashes BBQ Comp - Springerville, AZ

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, we finally locked down this great event.

Springerville/Eagar, Arizona suffered the worst Forest Fire in Arizona History last year.  They are working very hard to recover from this tragic event and are hoping that this event will take a big step in helping the recovery.

This part of the state is about 30 degrees cooler than here in the valley and it is just beautiful up there.

We are combining this great BBQ comp with their annual ATV Jamboree up there and this event has been one of their biggest for years.  They get over 400 ATVer that come up and enjoy the entire week up there.  This year, the ATV jamboree is FREE, so they are hoping for even bigger crowds.

The Entry Fee for this event is just $75 until August 1st, after that, it's just $100.  We are keeping the entry fee low with the hopes that many of you will bring up and cook extra food for the people's choice.  Everyone dry camps out there, so there will be over 400 people looking for food the day of this event.  

Get your registrations in today and come enjoy a great event up in the cool pines and help the area with their recovery from last year's tragic event.

#1 - July 02, 2012, 04:09:03 pm
Attachments:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:27:57 pm by Mike (AZBarbeque) »
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Here is an e-mail I received from one of our members, Mike Nuttall who is the Police Chief up in Springville.  He is the leading force behind getting this event up and going and he competes out on the BBQ Circuit here in Arizona under the name 145 Grill.

My Name is Mike Nuttall I am the Chief of Police for the Town of Springerville and also a member of the AZ Barbeque.  I have competed in a couple of contest and while competing found out that this organization is comprised of some friendly and helpful people. Once I entered my first contest I was hooked.  I want to personally invite all existing teams and new teams to our event and experience all our area has to offer.  In 2011 I entered my first event in Safford, when I returned from that event my fire pager went off reporting a fire in the Wallow Wilderness area.  Well as we all know the rest is history, that small fire turned into the largest fire in Arizona history burning over a half million acres.   We have risen "out of the ashes" and want to show off our area and let everyone know that we still have a beautiful forest.   So if you want to experience the cool weather bring your ATV and enjoy the trail rides offered by the Outlaw ATV Jamboree Organization. So come up and attend out competition and let us show you a good time. This is our first year and we would love to continuing hosting an event each year, so come on up and support our cause and enjoy all we have to offer.  By the way I will also be competing and my team is "145 Grill" come by and say hello.

Mike Nuttall
#2 - July 02, 2012, 04:16:27 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Prize Fund is currently at $3000.  It is our goal to get it to $5000 as we bring in more Sponsors.

Here is the current Prize fund breakdown.

Prize Fund Payout - $3,000 - Main Event

Grand Champion - $800
Reserve Grand Champion - $400
3rd Place Over all - $200

4 Categories - Chicken, Ribs, Pork & Brisket - $400 per category

1st Place - $200
2nd Place - $100
3rd Place - $50
4th Place - $25
5th Place - $25    

Kids Q:
          $ 50 - Grand Champion
          $ 25 - Reserve Grand Champion
          $ 15 - 3rd Overall
          $10 - 4th Overall
#3 - July 02, 2012, 04:26:04 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike P in Tucson

Sounds like a fun and worthwhile event.  I'm gonna definitely try to make it.
#4 - July 02, 2012, 05:16:13 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

145 grill

Thanks Michael, The charities that will benifit from this event is the Little Colorado Lodge 74 fraternal order of Police and Special Olympics. We were unable to do our fundraising last year and I knew I could count on the BBQ community to help us out.  I have found out what a great bunch of people everyone is and I am proud to be associated somewhat with everyone. I will be posting a website tomorrow as soon as it is finished. It will have the registration form and other information as we get it. We are working on getting reduced room rates at our motels for BCS participating teams. I know this isn't the biggest event but we can promise to show you a good time and cool weather. The Outlaw Jamboree will also be having events that people can enter such as trailrides and several events in the arena including mudbogs. So I hope to see some old friends and meet some new friends at this event.
#5 - July 02, 2012, 07:06:57 pm
1-offset stick burner trailer
4-UDS
1-home offset
The hardest thing about smoking meat is keeping it lit.

BBQCZAR

BBQ Bullies is in,app going out soon  :)
#6 - July 02, 2012, 07:53:55 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

145 grill

The web site for all the information is:  www.outoftheashesbbq.com we are still working on the website so be patient, hope to have it done sometime today. Thanks everyone in advance for your support.
#7 - July 03, 2012, 11:43:03 am
4-UDS
1-home offset

BBQCZAR

What is the nearest motel or hotel to this event ?
#8 - July 03, 2012, 01:14:08 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

145 grill

What is the nearest motel or hotel to this event ?

The Rode inn is offering discounted rates, there phone number is 928 333-4365 The application can be found at www.outoftheashesbbq.com hope to see ya there.
#9 - July 03, 2012, 02:09:53 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

145 grill

The Web site is up and running it is www.outoftheashesbbq.com the registration form is attached. we will update as we get more info.  Thanks again for everyones support.
#10 - July 03, 2012, 02:52:34 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

Mike P in Tucson

Hey, Mike (145 grill),

I tried getting the app, but got a message saying it couldn't locate the file to download.
#11 - July 03, 2012, 03:21:29 pm

145 grill

Hey, Mike (145 grill),

I tried getting the app, but got a message saying it couldn't locate the file to download.
I just checked the site and the app is in a box at the top it opened for me so please try again.
#12 - July 03, 2012, 03:34:23 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

145 grill

I just confirmed that the Rode INN and the El JO motel will be taking reservations and will be our host motels. They will be giving reduced rates use the code: "out of ashes bbq" to get the reduced rate.  There numbers are Rode Inn 928  333-4365 and El Jo 928  333-4314, the manager still needs to advise her people of the rates so give it a day or so, she was out of town. The rates include a deluxe continental breakfast. There web site is www.rodeinnmotels.com  Thanks again everyone.
#13 - July 03, 2012, 03:38:21 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

Mike P in Tucson

Had to use a different browser, but it finally downloaded.
#14 - July 03, 2012, 03:53:19 pm

jimj

Sounds like a great and inexpensive tune up for the fall season. Perfect for newbies and old hands alike and the biggest thing IT's COOLER there!!!!!!!!!!!!! :exclaim: :exclaim: Where else are you going to get a comp for $75?
#15 - July 03, 2012, 05:54:09 pm

Send this topic Print

Members: