AZ Barbeque.com

Trolling for advice

Discussion started on

azkitch

Jerky doesn't sound like good eats for a dinner. If we get one, I'll immolate it! Well, high heat sear with lump and one of the grills. I'd better use the uniflame again, or the DW will let me have it with both barrels. Speaking of barrels, she hasn't griped about it yet. But she was the first one to say something when I made noises about putting branches from a long dead pine tree in it. I keep forgetting that's why the red Weber went away. I filled that sucka up with pine needles and torched them. Never did clean it out. I still think a trip to the car wash and a bit of time with a wire brush in the ol' DeWalt would've put things right. Oh well. Basic black is OK, too.
#16 - August 07, 2009, 02:03:59 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

SmokinFatboy

I agree London broil is best grilled or in the oven. I sliced one two weeks ago and marinated it in Wasabi Teriyaki made great Jerky. Have one sliced and marinating in my BBQ sauce for a jerky/smoke tomorrow. 
#17 - August 07, 2009, 03:09:40 pm
Brinkman smoke-n-pit (clamshell version)
weber kettle
Sears 3 burner gas grill

azkitch

SFB! How the heck are ya!! I haven't seen a post from you in a blue moon! I hope that means business is so good you don't have time. Good to hear from you again.. And thanks for the input, too. I'd probably try a pickle again if it had Wasabi Teriyaki on it!
#18 - August 12, 2009, 02:09:07 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

bbqphx.com

Speaking of Hatch chiles, anyone notice they all look like crap this year?  I've been to half a dozen grocery stores and I've maybe been able to salvage a pound from their rotting/bruised displays.
If a store near you has good ones, especially if they're on sale, please let me know!!
tracy@bbqphx.com
Thanks!!
Tracy
#19 - August 13, 2009, 05:34:02 pm
Tracy-Head Chef and Mad Scientist
Weber Ranch Kettle
Two Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Old School Weber Performer circa 1998
FEC100
http://www.bbqphx.com
Find BBQPHX sauce at Hobe Meats, Bull Market and Brooksie's

SmokinFatboy

Hi Dave,
I definitely have been busy. It's good to have a stable career, but sad since i deal with teenage addiction. The fact we are busy means there is a lot of hurting kids out there. I see you've been posting up a storm you've lost your newbie status.
You go boy!
That Wasabi Teriyaki is really good and versatile. It is really good on Salmon. Marinate it for a few hours and them smoke it. Good stuff.   
#20 - August 30, 2009, 09:05:15 pm
Brinkman smoke-n-pit (clamshell version)
weber kettle
Sears 3 burner gas grill

Members: