AZ Barbeque.com

Bear's hot wings

Discussion started on

bearbonez

For 2 dozen wings.

1 bottle (8 oz?? bout that much  ::)) Frank's hot sauce
1 stick butter
2 cloves garlic minced (food processor works good)
1 small onion or shallot (food processor or minced real small)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp cayenne
1 chipotle pepper ground up
4 c. flour
1 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp salt

Mix flour and 1 tbsp each of salt and pepper. Put half of mixture into a gallon freezer bag. Place rest in another gallon bag. Can do all in one bag if'n ya have a 2 gallon bag or shake em in yer 10 gallon hat. Actually any sizable container will work. If you use a big stock pot or something, be sure to cover the container with plastic wrap after covering chicken with flour.
 Back to plan "A"(bag method). Put 1 dozen pieces into the bag and shake to coat all the chicken. Now here is the trick. Leave the chicken in the bag for 10 minutes.....shake again. Get a pot of oil to 360 degrees and make sure thats where it holds. Oil only needs to be about 3 inches deep. Now by the time the oil comes to temp and you are sure that's where it is staying, shake the bag again. get the chicken coated with the dry stuff. You see, if you just throw the chicken in without patting dry for dredging. It will make the flour coating batter like.  :o :o. Where was I?? Oh yeah. Shake off the excess flour after last shake before dropping the dead bird parts in the oil. By the way, when using dead bird parts for this recipe, be sure to get the big ass bags of big ass parts from costco or sams. Them's is some fat wings, and the steroids used to make em big will give you large muscles and breasts...just like me!!
 Cook 6 wing pieces parts at a time for 5 minutes. Why so long for just wings?? Cause I said so, that's why!!
 Wash, rinse, repeat till all 6 dozen are cooked.
 Now while all that is going on, get ya a small saucepan. Melt the butter over medium low. Once it's melted dump in the onion and garlic. Turn the heat up to medium and stir, till your family members can smell it o the other side of the house. Add the rest of the ingredients and turn down to low heat. Let it sit and get happy till the wings are done.
 Put the wings in a big bowl and throw the sauce on top. Toss till it's all coated. Serve up with veggies if ya like and a good blue cheese dressing or as is. If ya use ranch or or those blue cheese dresings made with that government cheese. Don't tell me about it.
#1 - May 02, 2006, 04:43:57 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Slush

I like your recipes ... er... actually not recipes but ... num... Things to do to dead bird parts when you are hungry.

So if I eat lots of Costco or Sams bird parts I'll get bigger mustles and man boobs! :o  WoW  Time to thaw out that bag I got last week!

Also - this is the time I fire up the turkey fryer - I like to do 3 lbs at a time.
#2 - May 03, 2006, 10:54:40 pm
www.FrozenPartyRental.com
Forget the KEG Freeze your party!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

3 lbs at a time... I need to come over to your place for wing night...  ;D

Now you guys got me hungry for some wings....That's a good thing. ;)
#3 - May 03, 2006, 10:57:52 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Yeah!!! 3 lbs of wings works. What's everyone else gunna eat??
 Turkey fryer??? That reminds me. I found a good place for crawfish trappin last weekend. Maybe in a few weeks we can haver a beat the heat get together for a cajun mudbug boil.
#4 - May 04, 2006, 07:07:49 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Slush

Crawfish in AZ?  I heard there were bugs here....but not ones you can eat. :D
#5 - May 04, 2006, 08:58:06 am
www.FrozenPartyRental.com
Forget the KEG Freeze your party!

bearbonez

Most arizona lakes and streams have crawfish. The AZ game and fish have put out more or less a bounty on them. They claim that the crawfish have been invasive. Anyway, they encourage all you can trap and eat. I need to look up the address anyway. I will post a link to a site for a guy in Payson that makes and sells traps. I will be getting some, and set them out while I am fishing.
#6 - May 04, 2006, 09:19:15 am
David "Bear" Nunley

bearbonez

#7 - May 04, 2006, 09:21:41 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Members: