AZ Barbeque.com

Step'n it up

Discussion started on

Tex A Que

Hello All,

I'm new to the site and looking forward to bringing my backyard hobby to the next level.  I'm cooking on a Diamond Plate series 60 (thanks to the wife for a phenominal birthday present)!!!  I fired it up for the first time yesterday and I am in love.  I smoked a chicken and a couple of racks of ribs.  I meant to take some pictures but the vodka distracted me ;)  I plan on trying my luck in Taylor in Sept. and Lake Pleasent in Nov.  Big thanks to Michael for coming over to give me a rundown on the new rig.  If you need an xtra smoker before you get the new ones in give me a yell.

p
#1 - July 17, 2006, 07:26:37 pm
What'cha been smoke'n

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Patrick,

Welcome to the site, it's great to have you here.  It was awesome meeting you and your wife last week.  I have to get your wife in touch with my wife.  Your wife certainly knows how to buy a surprise present...  ;D  ;D  ;D

That new 60 Series is an incredible unit, I can't wait to get our new ones.  I have been drooling over your 60 since I saw it.  Great to hear you loved cooking on it, I knew you would.  Don't worry about the pictures, you will have plenty of opportunity to take more as you continue to "Test" the grill out.

I am really looking forward to seeing you up at Taylor, I have already asked the organizer to put you next to me and my group for the event so we can share ideas and probably vodka...  ;)  I am also looking forward to seeing you at the Lake Pleasant event, that one should be a blast as well.

Let us know if you have any questions with the grill, wish I had it tomorrow for our cook, but I digress..  ;D

Can't wait to see you at some of our events, it wiill be great to have a few of these Diamond Plate Smokers next to each other creating a great aroma for everyone to enjoy...

See you soon and welcome once again...
#2 - July 17, 2006, 07:45:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Hello Texaque, That's a nice gift. Those are some slick cookers. i watched Sun Devil's in action at the NASCAR race last april. Put's out some good food.
#3 - July 18, 2006, 05:06:00 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Thom Emery

Hey Q Bro Welcome
#4 - July 18, 2006, 05:23:12 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Tex A Que

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Here is a pic of Michael and myself while the 60 was still in the garage. 

Moving that monster into the backyard was interesting.  My wife needs to hit the bench press a little more often.  I need a golf cart or a 4 wheeler...

p

[attachment deleted by admin]
#5 - July 18, 2006, 07:39:22 pm
What'cha been smoke'n

Mike (AZBarbeque)

;D Yea, a Quad works great on them or even one of those Polaris Rangers....That would be the next great "Surprise" Gift idea for your wife....  ;)

Picture looks great, but I am blocking the view of your new 60 Series.  That was a great looking unit.  You are going to enjoy many great cooks with it I'm sure.   :)
#6 - July 18, 2006, 08:00:32 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: