AZ Barbeque.com

Please allow me to introduce myself.....

Discussion started on

Atlas

I've lived in Arizona since '66, been cooking on charcoal grills all my life and calling it barbecue.  Then I got the best fathers day present ever, a Brinkman vertical water smoker, or "ECB".  Since June I have smoked over 80 lbs of pork shoulder, 4 rack of pork ribs, several chickens, 1 sirloin tip roast, 1 beef brisket, the Thanksgiving Turkey, a ton of ABT's and a few stuffed mushrooms.  Been making my own sauces too, now I know what barbecue really is.  Plans are to build my own pit and permanently install it next to my charcoal grill island.  So far, the beef has been disappointing but the pork and fowl has all turned out fabulous!

Jim Brill     

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - December 07, 2010, 07:34:05 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

AZWildcat

Nice Jim, it appears that the bug has bit.It only gets worse from here.
#2 - December 07, 2010, 07:42:52 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

rodliv

Welcome and you too will be going through the 12 steps for bbq smokers like the rest of us... :D  You find the greatest bbq people in on this site that will be willing to help with any questions you may have. If not personal message me and I will try to help if I can. 

Good luck and remember the first step in knowing you have a problem.  Hi James, my name is Rod and I am addicted to bbq. LOL
#3 - December 07, 2010, 07:51:35 pm
Rod Livingston
R&R BBQ Team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey James, Welcome to the club/site, great to have you here.

We do have lots of great BBQers on here with lots of great BBQ Discussions, so jump on in and enjoy.  Before you know it, you will be at 1000 posts and wonder where the time went.

Look forward to seeing you posts and hopefully meeting you soon out at some of our great upcoming events.

We do have our Annual Charity Holiday Party & Awards Banquet this Saturday.  If you only attend one event a year, this is the one to come to.  You can find info on it by visiting http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/6th-annual-azbarbeque-holiday-party/

Once again, WELCOME!!

Mike
#4 - December 08, 2010, 12:06:53 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzQer

Welcome to the club James glad you found us. Man that is one nice looking bird ya got there for sure.
#5 - December 08, 2010, 11:07:50 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Crash

Welcome James, great to have you here.
#6 - December 08, 2010, 01:08:07 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

PAT YOUNG

Welcome JIM, what wood/charcoal did you use on that great looking bird?
#7 - December 09, 2010, 02:29:00 am

azkitch

Nice looking turkey. I love it smoked...unfortunately, the women in my family don't appreciate my smoked foods. They were here in the first experimental days, when I thought I needed to use an entire tree...I read somewhere the best advice one person got was "try to undersmoke your food"...
Welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy our little club!
Dave
#8 - December 09, 2010, 08:05:41 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Trailhound

Very Nice looking bird James, keep posting we love photos here.
When you start building your new pit you will need to keep us update on it with a lot of post and photos.

Trailhound
#9 - December 09, 2010, 12:39:07 pm
Don't over think your common sense
East Texas Smoker
2 UDS
Knaack Tool Box Smoker
http://trailhoundsmokersbbq.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Trailhoundsmokers
KCBS CBJ #55596

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome James, Glad to meet you. Enjoy the site
#10 - December 09, 2010, 05:36:18 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Atlas

Welcome JIM, what wood/charcoal did you use on that great looking bird?

Just regular Kingford briquettes, and a about a cup of applewood chips.  Rubbed under the skin with an olive oil/shallots/portabello combination and lightly sprinkled my standard pork rub on the outside of the skin.  12 lb bird was done in about 4-1/2 hours, then I wrapped in foil and let it rest for about an hour.  I normally cook my turkey on a rotisserie over charcoal, but this was actually quicker and much better tasting.  Plus I didn't have to balance the dang thing! 
#11 - December 09, 2010, 05:56:51 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

Members: