AZ Barbeque.com

New member from Springerville

Discussion started on

145 grill

Hello all:
  I am really interested in cooking some great BBQ.  I went to my first event this last weekend, I not only went to observe but I also entered, what a great bunch of people. I learned alot at the event and hope to participate in more. I am the Police Chief of Springerville and cooking of any kind is a stress reliever. I was warned that I would catch the BBQ bug at the event and it is true I caught it and can't wait until I can compete again and hopefully do a lot better. I had such a good time  and was relieved that the other contestants were helpful and friendly.  I should be able to learn from the best.

Mike Nuttall
145 Grill
#1 - May 29, 2011, 04:05:56 pm
1-offset stick burner trailer
4-UDS
1-home offset
The hardest thing about smoking meat is keeping it lit.

AZWildcat

Welcome Mike! Let me tell everyone here that this guy and his family are top notch, and a great comp neighbor. When a big wind started to pick up our canopy and turn over our gear during turn-ins, his whole family ran over and helped out. Glad you found us here, you just can't beat the company. The ribs you gave me were great, but we talked about the flavor profile. It had an outstanding chipolte rub (my personal preference any day), but it's all about the judges. You've got a great homemade trailer rig. Hope to see more of your team soon, i'll give you buzz if my hunt draw works out! Great meeting you!

Dan
#2 - May 29, 2011, 06:00:57 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

145 grill

Thanks Dan you gave me some great tips and I know what i'm going to do next time. Everyone was so nice and helpful.  Hope you get drawn, I would love to take you around on a hunting trip. Take care.
MIKE
#3 - May 29, 2011, 07:30:11 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

Crash

Great to have you here Mike.  You'll come to find that BBQ folks are some of the best folks around....then again, I guess you figured that out this weekend.

Welcome!
#4 - May 29, 2011, 09:27:26 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

azkitch

Great to have you here on the forum. Someday, I hope to make it out to Eastern AZ. I've not really had the pleasure. Just driving I-10 in and out of the state...
#5 - May 29, 2011, 11:57:32 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Great meeting you this weekend Mike, it was a fun event.

I look forward to talking with you more about additional events and hope to see you online here and out at more events soon.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#6 - May 30, 2011, 01:14:02 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Atlas

Mike,

Having visited the forests of Eastern Arizona for over 20 years and seeing the enormity of the wallow fire, my thoughts are with all of my friends in Alpine and surrounding area.  I know with the evacuations going on you are probably pretty busy right now in Springerville.  Stay safe my friend!

Jim
#7 - June 02, 2011, 06:45:57 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

145 grill

Thank you Jim, We have all available resources at the fire, Alpine is being evacuated and Nutrioso is next, they have 8 hrs. till they have to leave. Just pray for everyone involved.

MIKE
#8 - June 02, 2011, 07:50:53 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

AzQer

Mike it was great meeting you in Safford glad you had fun. Our Prayers are with you and your community on getting through this fire be safe.
#9 - June 03, 2011, 10:44:13 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Dutch100

Thank you Jim, We have all available resources at the fire, Alpine is being evacuated and Nutrioso is next, they have 8 hrs. till they have to leave. Just pray for everyone involved.

MIKE

Welcome Mike. My dad was born in Nutrioso, and we still have some friends who summer there from way back when. Eagar is my grandmothers maiden name, and her line that settled the Eagar valley. A lot of family history there, so prayers being offered they get a handle on this fire real soon. Very sad to see it happening.
#10 - June 03, 2011, 12:49:22 pm
Mark "Dutch" Wilkins
The Bar B Chuckwagon

145 grill

Just a quick note to thank everyone for the support we need it.  We just put Greer under a pre evacuation notice, I have meetings this morning to see what we are going to do with Springerville and Eagar area.  If we are evacuated it will be because of smoke not fire.  The fire is past Big Lake, it has burned the fire tower at Big Lake and headed North East towards Greer and Eagar. For people who have family up here everyone is safe. There has been no injuries or property loss.  I will try to keep everyone informed, I love the smell of smoke but not this kind.  Take care everyone and pray for rain.

MIKE Nuttall
Chief of Police
Springerville
#11 - June 04, 2011, 05:44:33 am
4-UDS
1-home offset

AZWildcat

God bless you guys. We are thinkin of you.
#12 - June 04, 2011, 09:37:35 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

dslag6

We have a place in Alpine and it's not looking good for us but we are hopefull :'( We hope everyone is ok and want to thank everyone who is working up there. Be safe!!
#13 - June 04, 2011, 10:43:29 am

BBQCZAR

Welcome Mike,great forum here,and great bunch of people here as well  :) 
#14 - June 04, 2011, 10:49:29 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

145 grill

quick update on fire, All homes in Alpine safe so far, we have only lost 4 guest cabins in Beaverhead, 1 small storage buildingin Alpine and a utility trailer. Greer residents still at home, no evacuation yet.  Springerville and Eagar pre planning for a possible evacuation. If you want any specific info leave me a message and I will try to answer, I also have a facebook page I am updating. Thanks for the support.

Mike Nuttall
#15 - June 04, 2011, 06:41:14 pm
4-UDS
1-home offset

Members: