AZ Barbeque.com

moving to arizona

Discussion started on

cactusbulldog

hello we are new to this forum. Love this site. We currently live in Missouri and operate a mobile BBQ business and are planning on moving to the Arizona area. Husband is from Arizona and now Son wants to move to AZ to go to ASU. Would love to hear opionions and suggestions on how Arizona is for selling BBQ and how to go about setting up to sell BBQ.
#1 - June 13, 2007, 09:45:05 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site, great to have you.  Arizona is certainly a great place for BBQ.  Are you looking at opening a Resturant or doing a Mobile business?  I know people who do both here in Arizona and are very successful with it. 

The great part about Arizona is the weather is perfect year round for BBQing, and Arizona hosts a lot of events that love BBQ Caterers.

Please tell your son he is making the right choice.  ASU is a fantastic school and he will really enjoy it.  We look forward to seeing all of you out at our ASU Tailgate parties we do before each home ASU Football game.  They are a blast.

Lastly, if you need any help finding a home in Arizona, please let me know.  That's actually my "Real" job..

Good luck on your move here, enjoy the site and we look forward to meeting you all real soon.  ;)

Mike
#2 - June 13, 2007, 10:19:52 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

cactusbulldog

Thank you so much for your kindness. We were thinking about doing our mobile business since we already have the unit. It has a full equipped kitchen. With a resturant we would have alot of hours and overhead and i want to enjoy life too. We might use your services on finding a house too right now we are getting our house ready to sell in missouri so if you know anybody who wants to live in the country of missouri let us know too. Thanks, karen

#3 - June 13, 2007, 12:35:59 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Karen,  There lots of great opportunities here in Arizona for a Mobile BBQ Catering business.  Every weekend there is some fair, festival, event or something going on here in town.  Let's plan to get together and meet when you get out here and I can help point you in the right direction on who to talk with and areas of town that would be best to work.

Good luck on the sale of your home in Missouri, we look forward to seeing you out here soon.  ;)

Mike
#4 - June 13, 2007, 02:19:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Welcome to the forum Karen, and a pre welcome to AZ. Aside from what Mike said about events, you might want to try checking around the 5 million home depots in the valley. There are several that have mobile food gigs. Mostly things like hot dogs, burgers, italian beef and such. I believe the one at cave creek and thunderbird has some "bbq" items. May be worth checking out.

Mike doesn't have a real job. He's lives at tailgates, bbq comps, and camping.  ;)

He'll hook ya up with a good deal on a home though.

#5 - June 13, 2007, 07:34:38 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Members: