AZ Barbeque.com

I guess I should say something about me in the Intro section

Discussion started on

3Beans_BBQ

First off, thanks for all the warm welcome messages.  You guys really do a great job of making newbees feel welcomed to the site.  So about me.

I grew up in Memphis.  Spent many May weekends running the banks of the ole miss during Memphis in May.  My family used to go every year when we kids were living at home.  I grew up around a grill and a smoker.  Every weekend we had something either grilled or smoked.  My dad always had me outside teaching me how to cook.  Almost every sunday my grandaddy fired up his, had to be 100 year old, ceramic egg smoker in the garage.  Always had a butt in it and around 4 in the afternoon dinner was served.  That was some great BBQ.  He sure knew how to cook.  I have great memories of spending weekend's at a party with freinds and family while the dad's all cooked a pig in the ground.  Great stuff.  I never really thought BBQ was all that special growing up.  I mean to me it was like everyday food.  I thought every one ate the stuff.  That all changed after I joined the USAF and left home.  It seemed like only the guys from the south knew what pulled pork and dry-rubbed ribs were.  Mostly every one thought BBQ was beef.   That really got me into cooking.  I wanted all my freinds to enjoy my ribs and shoulders plus all that other good stuff.  Like homemade Mac and Cheese and real BBQ Baked beans.  Not those from a can but from raw beans soaked over night. 

Anyway I've blabbed to long.  I Love BBQ.  Planning a smoked butt this weekend for the Memphis vs. Gonzaga BBall game.  GO TIGERS!!!!
#1 - February 04, 2009, 12:02:40 pm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 12:04:15 pm by 3Beans_BBQ »

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome once again, great to have you.  As you can see, we have a great group of BBQers here and everyone is like one big family.

Hope you enjoy the site and all it has to offer, we look forward to hearing about your BBQ experiences as well as getting to meet you soon out at some of our events.

Make sure to post plenty of pictures as we LOVE pictures here. 

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - February 04, 2009, 12:52:53 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

force

HOO Ah 3 beans............
#3 - February 04, 2009, 10:05:38 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Lucky Irish

Nice to have you 3beans I'm Irish and look forward to swapping
Recipes and experiences.
#4 - February 04, 2009, 11:30:37 pm
Lucky Irish

Members: