AZ Barbeque.com

Hello

Discussion started on

ddoell

Hello everyone. My name is Don and I found this site looking for BBQ competions here is AZ. Just wanted to go to some not compete that might come at a later date. I moved here from Lethbridge Alberta Canada 7 years ago. Always had a propane BBQ but when i met my wife she had a electric bullet smoker not sure what brand, when i started using that was quite impressed. We later bought a electric old smokey and really like it. I really want to get a none electric smoker but the wife says we have two smokers, a propane BBQ, and two webbers, I dont need anymore.  :'(
I mainly use a dry rub not that into sauce but do use it once and a while for a change. Not picky on what i smoke i like it all. This site looks like it will be a lot of fun.
#1 - September 18, 2009, 05:56:08 am

AzQer

Welcome to the site Donald,
Glad you found us i'm sure you will find what your looking for here. As your Q'ing dont forget we love pics so dont hesitate to post some of your bbq adventures. Pull up a log and enjoy
#2 - September 18, 2009, 06:21:02 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

AzJohnnyC

Welcome, you've found the right place. This site is informative and can be a whole lot of fun too.
#3 - September 18, 2009, 06:31:34 am
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Lethbridge, Canada.  I LOVE it there.

I had a very good friend who has since passed away who lived up there.  We used to go up there once a year with a group of us and go ATV riding up by Crow's Nest Pass.  Incredible country up there.  Gosh I miss it..

Welcome once again to the site, great to have you.  We certainly look forward to seeing you online here as well as out at many of our upcoming events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#4 - September 18, 2009, 07:56:18 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

KidCurry

Welcome!!
#5 - September 18, 2009, 08:47:40 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

ddoell

Thank you everyone it seems like a great site. I don't know how I am going to get any work done now that i am here  ;)
#6 - September 18, 2009, 09:00:45 am

smitty250

Welcome to the site Don. It does get addictive.  :) The next competition is Nov. 13th & 14th in Sun City. Hope to see you out there.

-Smitty
#7 - September 18, 2009, 09:03:03 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

RudedoggAZ

Welcome!
#8 - September 18, 2009, 09:06:30 am

PAT YOUNG

WELCOME DONALD, You might as well tell your wife now that you do not have enough BBQ pits!! They somehow just seem to multiply!! Once again welcome to the club!! PAT
#9 - September 19, 2009, 03:45:10 am

azkitch

Yep, Pat is correct! Can't have too many bbq pits, bicycles, or shoes. Besides, if you want to compete, you can't use electric or gas as your main heat source. You can have both as "support"--gas starters, and electric to run auxiliary fans for temp controls. There--now you have to get something different to learn on for competition. Weber Smoky Mountains and upright barrel smokers are generally the best starter units from what I've figured. Does your electric one look kind of like R2D2, with a door, a pan for water, and a lid that looks too small? If so, it's likely a Brinkmann. That's what got me started. I now have a Brinkmann offset, and I recently finished a barrel. It's too easy. I'll be havin' a couple different barrels as soon as I can arrange it. What if I want to cook the brisket, chicken and pork all on different types of wood, after all!!

So, we are glad to have you on the forum to add to the exchange of ideas, recipes, and fun. The competitions are off the hook!! I'll be attending the judging class in November, and I hope to field a team in December or February. Looking forward to meeting you there, Donald.
dk
#10 - September 19, 2009, 06:59:12 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

RobOConnell

Howdy Don, yups your in the right place. Pull up a log and join in. Glad to have ya.
#11 - September 19, 2009, 07:16:23 am
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

olivesmoker

Welcome to the site. It is addictive.
#12 - September 19, 2009, 11:40:16 am
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

force

HOO ah
#13 - September 22, 2009, 09:48:00 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: