AZ Barbeque.com

Howdy!

Discussion started on

Burk Forsythe

I am very excited to be a part of this group and to learn from you fine members.  I, like many, have been cooking low and slow for many years and now have the bug to compete.  In January, I became a KCBS CBJ as part of my education.  I took my first cooking class earlier this year and will be heading to Georgia to learn from Myron Mixon in mid-October.  My pit is a Horizon offset stick burner and I have a Yoder YS640 with competition cart on order.  I love all thing BBQ and try to learn from anyone that will talk to me.  I am hoping to work with an existing team soon so that I can learn the equipment setup of a comp team.  I have done lots of research in preparation for my first comp next year.  Man, what fun this is.  I have met some really great people and that is what makes this a fantastic undertaking.  Be looking for BadCat's Backyard BBQ team at comps next year!

Burk Forsythe
Phoenix, AZ
#1 - September 23, 2013, 07:49:06 pm

Mark

Great to have you here, Burk. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Hope to meet you at the Glendale event. It'll be a blast!
#2 - September 24, 2013, 09:55:34 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome aboard Burke. Enjoy the site and good luck at the comps
#3 - September 25, 2013, 12:58:35 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

IRONHORSE BBQ

Welcome Burk enjoy yourself and nice to have you here.
#4 - September 26, 2013, 05:22:29 pm

Members: