AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from Three Points, AZ (close to Tucson)

Discussion started on

Jack Hewitt

Hello all, New member here just reading a lot now. I may have some other questions later on.
#1 - January 31, 2016, 10:34:48 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hello Jack, welcome to the site, great to have you here.

Look forward to seeing you online more and out at some of our great upcoming events.

Enjoy the site.

WELCOME!!!

Mike
#2 - January 31, 2016, 01:40:58 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Jack Hewitt

Thank you Mike,

I've been dabbling in outdoor cooking for some 30 odd years but after living in Oklahoma and Texas for awhile and seeing the grills and BBQ's there it sparked a deeper interest, especially after seeing the Texas style smokers. I had bought an Ozark propane smoker in 2007 or so and used it a little (I still have it) still preferring to cook on grills with charcoal. When I moved down here by Tucson my grill was still up in the Mesa area and I found a small charbroiler drum at a great price being the last one they had. Cooking for 2 normally it wasn't to bad but there just wasn't enough separation between the heat and the meat.  :D  So yesterday I made a wander down to Lowe's and grabbed a Oklahoma Joe Highland. I ran across the site here looking for places to get different woods near Tucson. I hope to learn a few more things on the site. Here's a photo of my activity for today after assembling the new toy yesterday. I wanted to see for myself what leaks I'll need to work on before any mods. BTW it's really windy here today.

#3 - January 31, 2016, 06:30:23 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Jack,  Great looking smoker.

If you are in the Tucson Area, you should come out & visit with us at the Freedom RV event next week.

Visit http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/freedom-rv-2016/ for all the details.

Hope to meet you out there.

Mike
#4 - February 01, 2016, 01:33:06 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: