AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from Queen Creek

Discussion started on

EJ

Big Mookied,
Owner's name is Paul. Great guy. He and I were college roomies. I get out there once/twice a year.
If you ever meet him tell him you met me on a BBQ forum. Won't get you anything free but he may have a funny story or two to tell.
Not sure how we ever survived college...........
EJ
#16 - March 08, 2009, 11:12:51 am
"Smoke it if you got it"
Homemade trailer/smoker.
I'm blessed that I Coach Football at a Small College for a living (never had a real job).
"Oink n Moo BBQ Crew"

BrianL

Brian,

I am a newb from Queen Creek also. Been married 8 years and have 2 daughters of my own (7 and 2). Let me know if you want to get into some comps I will be up for that. I even have a friend who is a Chef that would probably like to get into it.

I definitely want to get into more competitions.  I did the Tempe BBQ Festival and had a blast with everyone, but pretty much did everything on my own. I think that ended up being too much to deal with for one person (ended up with overcooked chicken and brisket).  I learned a lot though, so next time I will be much more prepared and will make sure I show up early.  Mike says I need to get some teammates that can stay awake and drink with me :) ...of course 5 minutes later, he was hugging a trash can.
#17 - March 08, 2009, 04:25:25 pm
SQUEAL TEAM SIX
Memphis Advantage
Onyx Oven
22.5" & 18.5" WSM

Mike (AZBarbeque)

;D  ;D  I see how you are...

Great to meet you Brian, I'm really glad you enjoyed your first experience.  I really look forward to seeing you back out at more of them. 

Glad to hear you first experience was a good one.  They only get better.

Hope to see you again soon.

Mike
#18 - March 08, 2009, 05:25:49 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bigmookied

Brian, I work from home and do some travel for work so I have a lot of free time in the week for prep and test kitchen work. My weekends are generally my own, well if the wife lets the leash a little loose.

Shoot me a PM and let's talk about it some more.

Armando
#19 - March 08, 2009, 06:09:56 pm

bbqwant2b

Brian,

I am a newb from Queen Creek also. Been married 8 years and have 2 daughters of my own (7 and 2). Let me know if you want to get into some comps I will be up for that. I even have a friend who is a Chef that would probably like to get into it.

I definitely want to get into more competitions.  I did the Tempe BBQ Festival and had a blast with everyone, but pretty much did everything on my own. I think that ended up being too much to deal with for one person (ended up with overcooked chicken and brisket).  I learned a lot though, so next time I will be much more prepared and will make sure I show up early.  Mike says I need to get some teammates that can stay awake and drink with me :) ...of course 5 minutes later, he was hugging a trash can.
Brain,
Glad you had funny johnny and i both live in Q.C if you ever need anything aND Mike hugging a trash can is better than everyone having their way with the Pig.....
#20 - March 10, 2009, 01:04:24 pm
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

azchoctaw1

Welcome Brian,
azchoctaw1
#21 - March 11, 2009, 03:45:55 pm
Middle name "Elijah" means "God of Fire" that is why I BBQ!!!!!!

Members: