AZ Barbeque.com

Hello from Chandler.

Discussion started on

Jwborchers

HI I'm John, and I have an addiction, I am relatively new to smoking/barbecuing, but so far have been enjoying the heck out of it.  I swear that opening line makes me feel like I'm just joining a 12 step meeting for some type of addiction, but I digress. Like I said new to smoking, but really enjoy it, so far I just have an Akorn Kamodo style smoker, but love using it and it does cook some great food. Would eventually like to take the plunge and get a stick smoker and learn to use one of those as well. Not into competing as of yet, but would love to learn as much as I can about competitive barbecue as possible, and possibly attend events to see how things are run. As a military brat and Navy vet myself, I've been around all types of barbecue from St Louis style ribs to Carolina pulled pork, and I love it all. Trying to learn how to make it is a lot of fun, and I enjoy sharing it with family and friends. To me smoking and barbecuing is a great way to spend time with family and friends and this is the main reason I've gotten into it. I hope to be able to learn as much as I can from fellow lovers of barbecue. Thanks for the add and I look forward to meeting and discussing barbecue with everyone. -John
#1 - January 20, 2016, 01:30:56 am
Thanks, John
GMG DB, Chargriller Akorn, Charbroiler infaRed propane grill.

Members: