AZ Barbeque.com

New member downtown Phoenix

Discussion started on

Zor

Well I'm fairly new to smoking (BBQ that is) but not to eating it. I think what fixed me on BBQ was when I was about 10 years old my dad and I stopped in Memphis and we stayed at the Peabody. In the alley behind the Peabody is a rib place that my dad had heard rumors had the best ribs. The name of the place is the Rendezvous and one bite and I was hooked. Since then ribs have been a fascination and after being stationed in South Carolina and Georgia I've got a thing for good pulled pork too. So now I spend some afternoons and weekends trying to figure out how to recreate the tastes of my childhood and past. I smoke on my Weber Kettle right now using a heat shield and a large water pan (which leaves almost no room for meat) and am in the market for a WSM or I'm gonna build a UDS.

Thanks in advance for making me welcome here,

Zor
#1 - July 06, 2011, 01:07:32 pm

bucaguy

I was cooking like that for bit.. cook with indirect heat.. move all the coals to one side and get a smaller water pan and put underneath the great.. more room for cooking meat
#2 - July 06, 2011, 01:28:10 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

AzQer

Glad you found us Zor I think with all the stuff you will here here it should get you on the right path to good BBQ
#3 - July 06, 2011, 02:50:56 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

tbonejc

Welcom aboard!  I work at the capital so if you need someone to taste your que I can be over in a jiffy, assuming you're close to downtown.   ;D
#4 - July 06, 2011, 03:36:18 pm

Crash

Welcome dude, great to have you.
#5 - July 06, 2011, 09:53:47 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Zor

Thanks guys! I've been lurking for a bit and already learned some. Hopefully I can contribute a bit too.
#6 - July 06, 2011, 10:17:34 pm

azkitch

More Dave. Good thing! Welcome aboard, and glad to have you!
#7 - July 07, 2011, 07:40:58 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome Dave. Glad to meet you. Enjoy the site
#8 - July 07, 2011, 04:54:38 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Mark

Welcome to the Club, Dave! ;D A UDS is very popular as is a WSM. There's also a middle section for a Weber that basically turns it into a larger WSM. I don't know the name. Does anyone here have one? :question:
#9 - July 07, 2011, 05:39:09 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Zor

Mark,
I think the extra middle section is from ProQ.  However, with a little help from the forum, I'm already on the path to a UDS. I smoked some ribs and a chicken last night on my kettle and I can't wait to have a "proper" smoker so I can do more meat at once and have a better handle on controlling temp.
#10 - July 07, 2011, 06:58:23 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome Dave, great to have you here.  Sounds like you are already getting addicted like the rest of us.

We look forward to seeing more pictures & posts of your BBQ's & Food in the near future.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#11 - August 09, 2011, 03:01:32 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: