AZ Barbeque.com

Hello AZ BBQ Folks from Don Wright, Houston Texas

Discussion started on

DonWright

Fellow Cookers, Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Don Wright from Houston, Texas. My wife Linn and I will  be coming to your Lake Pleasant Cook-off  in November and I'll be representing the IBCA as Head Judge. I've been cooking as head cook for the Moonlight Cookers for about 6 years, we've done 25 events so far this year and will end up with about 32. You can see the moonlight cooker site at http://www.moonlightcookers.com. I look forward to meeting you in November. Good luck and I wish you well. Any thoughts or questions about the IBCA, please fire away! See ya soon!
#1 - September 07, 2006, 02:43:02 pm
IBCA Head Judge, BBQ Team: Moonlight Cookers, Houston, TX

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Don,

Great to have you on here, looking forward to meeting you and picking your brain about competition BBQ.  32 events in a year, you are a Serious BBQ guy, and I'm sure you have lots of great stories.

The Lake Pleasant Charity BBQ Cook-off is really shaping up to be a great event, we are excited to have you on board as our new Head Judge.  Any suggestions on how to make it run smoother would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the site, and welcome.

Regards,

Mike
#2 - September 07, 2006, 02:58:16 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Thom Emery

Welcome Don glad to have you with us.I am so happy you could replace me as Head Judge because I really want to cook
LOL I dont think a guy coulds cook 32 events in a year here in the western states  In the future we will.
#3 - September 07, 2006, 04:20:06 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

VisionQuest220

Hi Don,

I was looking at your website and see that you recently won the Grand Championship at the VFW 4816 8th Annual BBQ Cook-Off and were also 1st in Brisket, 5th in Pork Spare Ribs and 3rd in Chicken.  Congratulations!!!

Do you have any brisket cooking tips for the folks who are somewhat new to cooking brisket?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
#4 - October 24, 2006, 12:57:13 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yea, I'm glad he is doing the judging at this event...  ;D  ;D

Can't wait to meet you Don, sounds like you have a lot of experience I need to tap into.  ;)
#5 - October 24, 2006, 02:11:47 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: