AZ Barbeque.com

Hello all

Discussion started on

dominic

Greetings, my Name is Dominic Ballesteros, 37 years old, married to my high school sweat heart, and have two wonderful sons. We are AZ natives. I am a Project Manager for Summit Builders and currently building our Raintree Corprate Center on Raintree Drive and the 101 in Scottsdale, 40 million dollar project. I am a member of the AZBBQ association and just completed the Paul Kirks Pit Master School here in Scottsdale on Saturday when we got our rain. I have a Lifetime smoker that my son and I are mounting onto a trailer and cook BBQ every weekend. Also have competed in a couple of cook offs sanctioned by the KCBA and plan on doing so more often. I also like to boat (2005 220 Sea Ray) and do some off roading (ATV's and Dirt Bikes) along with hunting. (Favorite gun HK91). Anyways glad to be a part of the AZ Barbeque and look forward to meeting all of you. Thanks
#1 - March 13, 2006, 09:14:35 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Dominic,

Welcome to our group... You sound like someone we could all enjoy hanging out with.

My office is right there at Raintree and the 101 too, so I drive past your building every day, great project.  Summit Builders is a great builder too from what I've heard.

I wanted to go to Paul Kirks class so bad this past weekend, but I was already committed to doing Photo work out in Vegas at the NASCAR race, so I couldn't miss that.  Hopefully he will be back again soon and I can attend.  What was you favorite part of the class?

When you get your smoker mounted, post a picture of it on here in the Show us yours and we will show you ours section, I would love to see it.

As for the boating, I've never done it, but it does sound like a lot of fun.

The hunting is cool, shoot your own food, then BBQ it up.  I'm all for that.

Great to have you on here, jump on in and get your feet wet, we have some great members, and some great events, we would love to have you at any and all of them.  Consider yourself invited.

Now, What did you BBQ lately??

#2 - March 13, 2006, 09:23:12 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Welcome aboard Dominic, glad ya made it. Wish I would have been in town for the Paul Kirk class. Look forward to meeting you. Maybe we'll have to get together on a hunting trip. I will be moving to the white mountains next month.
 Definately post some pics of that rig. would love to see it.
#3 - March 13, 2006, 09:29:04 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

dominic

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,  Pauls class turned out better than I had originally thought it would, due mostly to the rain. We all pretty much huddled near the fire boxes to keep warm, which made us all get to know each other a little bit better. Paul was great and I learned quite a bit more than I thought I would. We smoked chicken, spare ribs, brisket and pork butt and we also made our own rubs. Showed up at 6:00am and left at 7:00pm with some good memories and new friends.
I personally love cooking Baby Back ribs that I get at the Pork Shop in Queen Creek where I live. They cut the Baby Backs with a portion of the loin still on. Wife's favorite. I smoke em with Oak in my offset smoker for about 5 hours at 220-250.  I also love to sweeten them up wiith pineapple marinade and Habanero on the Rub, gives that just right amount of sweet and sour taste with a little kick.

#4 - March 13, 2006, 09:45:06 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Dominic,

Sounds like it was a great learning experience, now I really wish I could have been there.

As for them ribs, now I'm hungry, and I'll have to try some with that speciality rub of yours some time, that sounds amazing.

Glad it was a good experience for you.
#5 - March 14, 2006, 02:49:26 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: