AZ Barbeque.com

Hello all from Tucson, AZ

Discussion started on

Gus_K

Howdy folks, my name is Gus, also known as Goose to some.  I'm a Tucson transplant now for just over 8 years, originally from Redondo Beach, CA.  I've been working the coals and grates for several years now, but lately I've been learning the art of the smoker.  My experience smoking thus far is ribs, brisket, turkey, and wings.  I'm partial to smoking with Pecan and Hickory woods.  I'd like to get into smoking pork shoulders, fish, sausage, and who knows what else.  I'm a fan of Steve Raichlen and the BBQ bible, yet I know there are many other Pit Masters to learn from.  And I'm also thinking about forming a Meetup here in Tucson for BBQ lovers.  So I'd like to get to know some folks on here, and see what's going on in or around town.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to connecting with some of y'all!
#1 - June 18, 2014, 02:48:35 pm

Mcevoyrom

Welcome Gus,
Glad to have you on here and look forward to seeing you at the next event.
#2 - June 19, 2014, 08:10:52 am

Mike P in Tucson

Hey Gus,

Welcome to the site.  Ask your questions about smoking new things and you will get lots of good advice.  What smoker (s) do you have?

Pecan is my choice in wood.  I don't eat chicken or turkey (except on Thanksgiving day), so my usuals are pork shoulder (butt), ribs, brisket, and pork and beef roasts.
#3 - June 19, 2014, 12:46:15 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome aboard Gus

Enjoy the site
#4 - June 19, 2014, 12:54:54 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Members: