AZ Barbeque.com

Greetings from Laveen!!!

Discussion started on

Laveen-BBQ

Most of you are probably wondering where Laveen is.  Well if if you take Baseline to 51st Ave you will be right in the middle of the city of Laveen.

I grew up watching mom cook meals in the kitchen and developed a love to cook all kinds of good food.  My favorite thing to eat and cook however is barbeque.  There is nothing like low and slow cooked meat.  Even though I have only been cooking true barbeque (indirect fire) for about 2 years I have fallen in love with the art form.  I cook on a WSM, and can't wait to move up to a large offset cooker.  Right now I am still mastering cook times, and learning the ins and outs of the WSM, later I will try and deviate from the rubs I have learned.  I truly believe that to show someone you care about them is to serve them a good meal, and barbeque is one of the best meals I can think of.

If you have any suggestions for a new guy to the forums I am always willing to try and learn something new.
#1 - October 20, 2006, 09:58:37 pm

ron b

welcome to the site great to see ya tonite hoped it helped? any other info you need tis is a great site to ask good folks
ron b
#2 - October 20, 2006, 10:09:36 pm
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:12:52 pm by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

Laveen-BBQ

Ron, thanks for presenting tonight you did a great job.  Don't forget to take it easy on the newbies in the competition.
#3 - October 20, 2006, 10:19:03 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Kenny,  Great meeting you tonight, I really enjoyed talking with you.  I can see we will do a lot of BBQing together in the future.

Looking forward to seeing you at many of our future events and out at Lake Pleasant.

Now, Post some pictures of what you cook....  ;)
#4 - October 20, 2006, 10:22:40 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ddog27

Welcome! ;D ;D ;D
#5 - October 20, 2006, 10:58:45 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

bearbonez

Welcome to the boards. WSM is a good smoker. There is a very loyal following for those cookers. As far as charcoal burners go, they are pretty much set and forget and are popular in bbq competitions. The only real set back is capacity. Most WSM devouties have 3 or 4 or more to cook mass quantities.
#6 - October 21, 2006, 07:42:46 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Members: