AZ Barbeque.com

Good Evening folks.......

Discussion started on

The Hog Squad

Greetings All,

My name is Jay and have been "QUING" since 1987 even though that first brisket was completely useless I perservered all these years. My plans are to start competing in 2009. I have my team assembled were called "The Hog Squad". A couple of us will be in Taylor in a few weeks just to get a lay of the land and hopefully meet a few people. I have recently met Mike who introduced me to this site and to Mr Frankenboo. Besides BBQ I love football especially the Oklahoma Sooners, Baseball especially the national league where every player BATS! and of course the St Louis Cardinals are my favorite, I love to golf or mostly hack, scotch whiskey and cigars make me smile. My wife of 23 years and I have 6 healthy children, no were not Mormon or catholic, however another great love of mine is Theology.

Just to prove that my perseverance paid off and somebody told me you all like pictures I have posted a few of my recent cooks......

Brisket cook 7/2008

2 Inch Chops stuffed with a crabmeat/creamcheese mixture 7/2008

The Hog Squad
#1 - August 12, 2008, 06:04:26 pm

Jaybird

Welcome Jay, I'm Jay and also a St. Louis Cardinal fan. We'll see ya at the Taylor event in a few weeks. Good lookin chow.
#2 - August 12, 2008, 06:15:20 pm

VisionQuest220

I see you made the trip over from the Smoke Ring forums.  Welcome.
#3 - August 12, 2008, 06:38:32 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

VisionQuest220

...and also a St. Louis Cardinal fan.

I thought you were a Bud Man and a Cub Fan!

(I'm gonna pay for that one!)
#4 - August 12, 2008, 06:41:08 pm

Jaybird

Nope....but I am a Bud fan also. ;D
#5 - August 12, 2008, 06:44:03 pm

VisionQuest220

And a Jack Fan and a Crown Fan...
#6 - August 12, 2008, 06:48:56 pm

AzQer

Welcome Jay with grub like that you are going to fit just right here. Looking forward to meeting you at Taylor.
#7 - August 12, 2008, 07:12:48 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Jay, welcome again, can't wait to meet up with you, hopefully this week for a few cold ones.

Great to have you on here and I look forward to seeing your team out at the events.  Don't wait until 2009, come out and compete in our Big November event, you will be glad you did.  Everyone is very helpful and friendly and it will be a great event to get your feet wet.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts and of course, pictures.  ;)
#8 - August 12, 2008, 07:53:18 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

The Hog Squad

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.

I'm curious though if I'll get the same welcome after I start dominating the AZ circuit next year  ;D 8) ::) :P ;) O0

Jaybird.....let me know how to find you in Taylor so we lament our Carfdinals season woes together over a cold one?

The Hog Squad.......
#9 - August 13, 2008, 08:34:09 am

Jaybird

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.

I'm curious though if I'll get the same welcome after I start dominating the AZ circuit next year  ;D 8) ::) :P ;) O0

Jaybird.....let me know how to find you in Taylor so we lament our Carfdinals season woes together over a cold one?

The Hog Squad.......

You haven't started competing yet and you're already talkin smack!!!  Good luck next year...you'll need it!! ;)

See ya in Taylor. You'll see the Otis and the Bird banner and the fifth wheel. Go Cardinals!!
#10 - August 13, 2008, 08:53:54 am

TOPS BBQ

Welcome aboard Jay!  Good luck to you at the comps.

Those are some nice looking chops.
#11 - August 13, 2008, 09:22:41 am
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

The Hog Squad

Jaybird......Okay I'll look for Otis & The Bird Team...I'll wear a Cardinal Shirt so you'll know it's me.....Do I get a "RIB" and slice of Brisket?

Tops, thanks for the welocme....Do yiou think those chops would fare well in the EVERYTHING BUTT cstegory? What do most people do for anything butt?

The Hog Squad?

#12 - August 13, 2008, 09:42:25 am

TOPS BBQ

Tops, thanks for the welocme....Do yiou think those chops would fare well in the EVERYTHING BUTT cstegory? What do most people do for anything butt?

The Hog Squad?

Meat for Anything Butt is usually a death wish.  Judges don't typically want to eat MORE meat after the first four categories.  Although, if the category is judged before the four meats, it could be okay.  Somehow, Lemon Squares have been the category winner out here.

Good luck!

Robert
#13 - August 13, 2008, 09:59:34 am
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

VisionQuest220

A comedian!!!  We have a comedian in our midst!!!
#14 - August 13, 2008, 10:03:51 am

BBQCZAR

A comedian!!!  We have a comedian in our midst!!!

LOL !!! Yep,and as Brent Walton would say,"thats some funny shiit,I don't care who you are " !!!  ;D You know them 'smack-talkers ",the sometimes end up with a "smack-down" ;D :o ;D :o
#15 - August 13, 2008, 10:09:08 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Members: