AZ Barbeque.com

From Tucson

Discussion started on

Homerfeltheim

Well I'm new to this site so hello. I've competed in 1 competiton so far (get your pig on 2010) and had a blast. A little about me I'm originally from Chicago and moved to Tucson about 6 years. I have only been doing BBQ about 1 year but have been reading up on it and watching competitons/shows for years. I'm graduating from culinary school in June and will be focusing on getting a job and then hopefully getting back to competing soon. I'd always be down for joining an existing team (hint hint) haha.
#1 - April 18, 2011, 04:18:49 pm
Vegetarian-an old indian word for bad hunter

n2dabluebbq

welcome to the forum sir. how has the school been? there are plenty of things to learn on here and plenty of friendly folks to help where needed. hey maybe ask Harpo if he needs help still.
#2 - April 18, 2011, 05:32:41 pm
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

AZWildcat

Welcome fellow Tucsonan! Glad you found us here.Looking forward to meeting w/ ya at a future event. Check out the brisket comp this weekend at The Hog Pit on Tanque Verde Rd. Can't miss good time!
#3 - April 18, 2011, 06:40:29 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

richoso12

Hello, and welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll enjoy being amongst some friendly folks. It's all good my friend.
#4 - April 19, 2011, 11:59:10 am
GOSM big block, Weber 22.5 in one touch, AMZN cold smoker. I Grow NM Heritage 6-4, NM Jalmundo, NM Vaquero, Poblano,Serrano Tampiqueno. Habaneros are Orange, Antilla, Bondo Ma Jacque, and Red Savina. I use mesquite, cherry, apple, alder, and red oak chunks.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome to the site/club, great to have you here. 

We do have a great group of BBQers with lots of great discussions, so jump on in and enjoy.

As they said, we have a nice event this coming Saturday at The Hog Pit Smokehouse in Tucson, hopefully you can make it out there.  It's  a great event to try out different Brisket Recipes and tweak them as needed for the bigger comps.

Look forward to seeing you online here more and out at lots of events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#5 - April 19, 2011, 12:59:27 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzQer

Welcome to the Club sure glad you found us. Pop a brisket in the smoker and then bring it down to the Hog Pit on Tanque Verde at 11:00am Saturday. You slice on site it a great time to compete and just have fun for cheap. Hope to see ya there
#6 - April 19, 2011, 01:22:27 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

ThunderDome

Welcome to the Club!
#7 - April 20, 2011, 08:59:02 am
60 Gallon Tank Build + UDS x 2 + Weber Kettle 22.5 + Weber Kettle 18.5 + Weber Silver B Propane

tbonejc

Welcome aboard!  What school are you graduating from?  My sister-in-law is graduating from Le Cordon Bleu in Scottsdale soon too.

...will be focusing on getting a job and then hopefully getting back to competing soon. I'd always be down for joining an existing team (hint hint) haha.

I don't know if they are/will be hiring but try Catalina BBQ up near the Marriot at Star Pass.  They had a competition team but then got relocated to FL.  Don't if they still compete here in AZ or not.  Last I heard they were still together in FL.  Correct me if I'm wrong though anyone.
#8 - April 20, 2011, 12:36:59 pm

Homerfeltheim

Wow thanks for the welcome everyone.  I wish I could make the comp this saturday but unfortanetly I have a class in the morning which kills me doing any brisket.  however I will keep an eye out for anything else coming up. 
#9 - April 20, 2011, 04:29:44 pm

Homerfeltheim

Welcome aboard!  What school are you graduating from?  My sister-in-law is graduating from Le Cordon Bleu in Scottsdale soon too.

I don't know if they are/will be hiring but try Catalina BBQ up near the Marriot at Star Pass.  They had a competition team but then got relocated to FL.  Don't if they still compete here in AZ or not.  Last I heard they were still together in FL.  Correct me if I'm wrong though anyone.

yeah I'm graduating from the Art Institute here in tucson
#10 - April 20, 2011, 04:30:31 pm

azkitch

D'OH! I thought I'd already welcomed you...Welcome to the forum!
#11 - May 01, 2011, 05:59:52 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: