AZ Barbeque.com

Food Vendors for Charity Event

Discussion started on

Phil Stevens

Hello.

I am the founder of Lift For Hope, I couple strength events with youth charitable organizations. I am in the final planning stages for Lift For Hope 2009, an event here in the Phoenix Metro area, http://www.lift4hope.org. It is a second annual Charity / Memorial event with Proceeds this year going to Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Arizona. I have plans of making this event bigger and better then last year by three fold, both in the money raised for the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Program, giving the kids a chance to enjoy a great athletic strength sports event, and promotion of the sponsors.

I am in looking for food sponsors/vendors for the Charity event and what better for an outdoor athletic event then BBQ. I am more then open to having multiple vendors as I am planning on having a large crowd with over 2400 kids from the program invited to come then a potential adult for each child, all the athletes, their family and friends and any other general attendance ppl. I would be disappointed if we have any less then 1500 people and I'm hoping for more like 3000 if I can to have a great event for a great charity.

If any one is wiling to donate time or services please contact me, Phil Stevens email phil@lift4hope.org or 6230670-8061. Id be more then wiling to give all the info you desire, pass on a sponsorship benefit form. Maybe even some kind of cook off where people can purchase a meal ticket with the funds going to the event. I'm open to a lot of things.

I will also include more info on the event below, dont hesitate to take look at the website and all the info. therein.

Starting this last and over the coming months I began attending several BB&BS functions with up to 2400+ kids from the program in attendance. http://www.lift4hope.org/2009lfhmedia.html There is a link to the Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Appreciation Picnic which I attended this past weekend and gave a demo and gave roughly 700 Bigs and Littles a chance to try some events first hand. We are really pushing to raise awareness and funds for the event as well as doing strength sports demonstrations, getting the word across to the youth about the importance of athletics and nutrition, and promoting my sponsors. We are working on getting the children themselves to raise awareness in an incentive based program. Couple this with the varied, web, print, and broadcast media I will do my best to attract, the ongoing online donation raffle http://www.lift4hope.org/2009raffle.html , The event is sure to produce a win win situation for the Charity, the children, athletics, and any sponsors involved.

Aside from the main event I am in works of a possible smaller event as a prelude to give some of the Bigs and Littles a chance to get a feel for the sport and possibly take part in the large event. This prelude event I am forming to take place as a partnership with good friend and Multi-time Olympic Medalist and 4 time World Champion John Godina at his new facility in Mesa.

Please take a moment to review the past event and coming event on www.lift4hope.org. The pages explain the detail of the events, the cause as a whole, and my self.

I cant stress enough, ANY sponsorship or donation helps and adds up, from funds to products for raffles and athlete good bag or to give to the kids, to even spreading the word to raise awareness.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Phil Stevens
NAHA State Chair
www.lift4hope.org
#1 - April 15, 2009, 12:06:03 pm

Phil Stevens

Ill also mention im trying to make it more then just a lifting event but also have other stuffs going on, I just landed a scottish piping band to play, looking inot other arts and such for the kids, etc etc.

even if you cant donate just spreading the word and planning to attend or compete helps a TON!!
#2 - April 15, 2009, 03:06:42 pm

Members: