AZ Barbeque.com

FNG From California

Discussion started on

RudedoggAZ

Hey Bruce, Welcome to the site!!! I'm still somewhat of a BBQ newbie but love to cook and grill so it was only a matter of time before I caught the BBQ bug. This forum has been a great resource for me and have met some great people along the way.

I cook with a ProQ and have only used lump... The only advice I have is if you have a long cook, LOAD that thing up and control any spikes in temp with the vents. I've found that it usually keeps around 215-250 with a full basket and open vents. I think I'm going to try some briquettes next time as I've also heard they run well in the ProQ.

Enjoy,

Chris
#16 - October 07, 2009, 10:01:02 am

CrazyQ

Welcome Bruce, I live up in NorCal also. Chico. Not quite as North as Redding, but at least its not the South.  :D
This is a great website with a great group of people. I came across it last year when I was looking for a Diamond Plate Fat 40. That was over a year ago and I now own a Diamond Plate Fat 50, which I bought off one of the guys on this website. I didn't have the luxury though of getting it shipped to me, I had to drive to AZ to pick it up. It was a nice road trip with 115 degree weather after a night with a lovely rain and lightning storm.
Enjoy the site. If you haven't already done so, you might also check out the CA BBQ Association website: http://www.cbbqa.org .
I think these 2 websites get a lot of crossover, shoot, its even an AZ team that leads the CA TOY points race.
#17 - October 11, 2009, 04:01:16 am

Members: