AZ Barbeque.com

Finger Licking Q - Oh My!

Discussion started on

Sagizona

Hello Everyone!

I guess I should introduce myself, i'm a 31 year old, married male from Sahuarita, have a wife and a 3-year old....oh crap, it's not one of those sites, barbecue, right.  JK!  I must give credit to a college buddy of mine, Rich Davis, who is the pitmaster of The Q Crew out of Minnesota.  He asked me to join him in Kansas for a competition and I was hooked.  Living in Sahurita, traveling back to the midwest gets a bit pricey, but I was able to make a 2nd comp in my hometown of Mason City, IA!  We took 1st in Anything Butt, had some awesome burgers that apparently the judges enjoyed.  I'm just getting started with my own collection, Rich was kind enough to give me a bottle of his rub, the wife bought me my fiirst bullet smoker and so i'm off to a slow start, but nonetheless, a start.  If there are any teams down here in AZ, specifically Tucson, that need an extra hand, a dishwasher, a coach, a...fill in the blank, please let me know as I'm totally stoked.  My wife and I have been here for over 5 years now, she's from Kansas City enjoys bbq, but isn't up for the comp thing, but enjoys whatever I make (that's a requirement of the wife duties, right?).  Since I live in Sahuarita, I'm guessing I can call many of you notherners that includes Tucson, so for you Northerners, if you ever make it to Tucson and want to eat some good bbq, contact me, we'll meet at Catalina BBQ company, by far, the best bbq i've had in Tucson and i'm also hankerin to go back.  BTW i'm in no way affiliated with them, just enjoy what they have, (service could be sped up a bit, but it's worth the wait....at least in Tucson).

So, Hope all is well, and I enjoy hearing from you all and meeting you at some of these tasty events!!!
Sage
#1 - August 14, 2010, 11:18:55 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome once again Matt, great to have you here.  We are also in the planning stages for another Southern Arizona Comp in Bisbee.  Keep your fingers crossed we can put it all together.

Enjoy the site, we have a lot of great BBQers on here and lots of great Discussions from BBQ to Sports.

Jump on in and enjoy and we look forward to meeting you soon out at some of these great events we put together.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - August 14, 2010, 11:23:35 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mark

Time to roll out the welcome, Matt. ;) We "northerners" joke about our brothers to the south, but we're all one big happy BBQ family. And the more SoAz folks that join in, the more fun BBQ events will follow. Good to have you with us!
#3 - August 15, 2010, 02:21:29 am
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:23:18 am by Mark »
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

azkitch

Glad to have you here; and I hope I'm able to make it down for the Tucson gig! I've got a chance to increase my CBJ portfolio to 8 or so in the near future...Chris at Catalina sure can cook, eh?
#4 - August 15, 2010, 07:00:45 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

PAT YOUNG

Welcome MATT!
#5 - August 21, 2010, 04:32:10 am

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome aboard Matt. Enjoy the site
#6 - August 21, 2010, 01:41:53 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Crash

Welcome Matt.  Great to have you here.
#7 - August 22, 2010, 02:06:47 am