AZ Barbeque.com

Cheers to the New Year and New Adventures

Discussion started on

Spikes

Greetings, I'm new to this site and wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  I'm located in Glendale around 59th Ave and Cactus.  I've been hanging out around grills and smokers since I was a kid and enjoy how all the elements feed the soul, fill stomachs and create smiles. I use an old kelvinator refrigerator for personal use cold smoking and I have a rough old thick walled steel rig/trailer that I use for fund raising and friends.  My lineage is Irish Texan and have experienced back yard (proud family recipe type) smoked meat internationally in Japan, Korea, Kenya, Jamaica, Hawaii, and Mexico. It seems everywhere I go I find the smoke.   At this time, I've stepped out of the corporate world and moving towards cooking and serving others being my livelihood.  It is already a great adventure and hope this site opens some doors to friendships and community.

Happy New Year,

Jeff Spikes
#1 - January 02, 2015, 01:42:34 pm

Spikes

I just wanted to add real quick, (OK really my wife said the post makes me sound like an arrogant a55!) I am overwhelmed and have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm getting myself into.   The level of smoking that I've been doing leaves a lot of room for variation and allows a general lack of discipline. Loving the soul of this doesn't mean I know anything LOL.  Although I'm excited to venture out and make this happen, I'm very much a deer in headlights.  ???  Friends and family are all very encouraging, as well as many that have sampled my burnt ends (insert joke here), however, none of them are paying my bills.  LOL  I am in the market for smaller BBQ's and smokers so I can exercise disciplne without firing up the Beast.  I'm also looking for some cohorts that may enjoy gathering to try new things. 

#2 - January 02, 2015, 02:30:10 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome to the site Jeff. There are a lot of good people here that you can learn from. Pull up a log, sit down and enjoy
#3 - January 02, 2015, 02:42:41 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Members: