AZ Barbeque.com

Girl loves Grill

Discussion started on

CharlianaM

Hi All! 

My name is Charliana and I just found your forum.  Excited about reading about your thoughts, experiments, and successes.  About to graduate from culinary school (read: fancy french cookin'), so on my down time I like to cook on the 'que.  I believe that  you can do anything with a grill.  Just had a BBQ this weekend, to find that the propane tank was empty...I blame the BF.  ;)  Ugh, so sad. 

Next on tap (sometime) is to make my own Ugly Drum grill - SOO EXCITED!

I would also like to learn how to become a BBQ taste judge - can someone tell me how?

Thanks - and Happy Trails!,
Charli
#1 - September 09, 2011, 01:22:23 pm

SmokeWatcher

Welcome to da clubhouse!
#2 - September 09, 2011, 02:48:02 pm
If it ain't right, don't do it....If it ain't true, don't say it....If it ain't yours, don't take it.

Trailhound

YOu need to come out to the Boo Bash on Oct. 29, 2011 in Rock Springs and check out a BBQ contest.
Maybe even set in on the judging of some BBQ.
Check with Mike R. about the judging part.

Timm
#3 - September 09, 2011, 03:43:17 pm
Don't over think your common sense
East Texas Smoker
2 UDS
Knaack Tool Box Smoker
http://trailhoundsmokersbbq.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Trailhoundsmokers
KCBS CBJ #55596

azchef1

Welcome...are you graduating from SCI ? I've got two UDS so if you have questions feel free to ask. Lots of great people and tons of information on this site.
#4 - September 09, 2011, 03:54:02 pm

BBQCZAR

Welcome to the forum,great bunch of people here  :)
#5 - September 09, 2011, 04:26:55 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

auggieaug

If you are looking for a team name, may I suggest Two Girls, One Grill.  Reminds me of the video floating around on the internet a few years ago!
#6 - September 09, 2011, 07:36:19 pm

Crash

Welcome, great to have you here.
#7 - September 10, 2011, 12:05:45 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome Charli. Enjoy the site
#8 - September 10, 2011, 10:09:05 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

CharlianaM

Thanks, all!   Appreciate the warm welcome and advice!  :) 

I did ask Mike about the BBQ training and looked up the Boo Bash - thanks for the tip!

Tracey - I'm "almost" graduated. :)  I actually broke (read: Shattered) my leg 6 weeks from graduation.  I had one class to finish and that was last October!!  I can't believe it's been so long, but I am just not getting cleared to go back to school and really looking forward to it.  I was going to SCC and LOVED it.  I checked out all the schools and SCC got a lot of really great recommendations.  In all, happy with the choice. :) 

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
#9 - September 18, 2011, 10:12:57 pm

IRONHORSE BBQ

Hi Charli glade you found us were a happy group with lots of info and remember to post lots of pix about BBQ your first smoker and so forth hope to meat you sometime,

Marv
#10 - September 18, 2011, 11:10:32 pm

azkitch

Welcome to the forum, Charli!
#11 - September 19, 2011, 04:36:50 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

azchef1

Tracey - I'm "almost" graduated. :)  I actually broke (read: Shattered) my leg 6 weeks from graduation.  I had one class to finish and that was last October!!  I can't believe it's been so long, but I am just not getting cleared to go back to school and really looking forward to it.  I was going to SCC and LOVED it.  I checked out all the schools and SCC got a lot of really great recommendations.  In all, happy with the choice. :) 

Cool, I graduated from SCI years ago and loved it. Best of Luck! Hope you get a chance to get to some of the events. Its a lot of fun!
#12 - September 19, 2011, 07:48:02 pm

route66

Scottsdale Community College has a fantastic Culinary Program and hope it does you well. I would have loved to graduate from a college who calls themselves and mascot the Artichokes!

I look forward to your new adventure in BBQ and hope you enjoy our bunch of misfits. There are a bunch of Culinary schooled who have found a new challenge in American BBQ. Beware, it is addictive but the people are the best and the food fantastic. Enjoy!
#13 - September 20, 2011, 12:46:07 am

Elwood

If you are looking for a team name, may I suggest Two Girls, One Grill.  Reminds me of the video floating around on the internet a few years ago!
LMAO ! NICE !
#14 - September 23, 2011, 06:42:06 am
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abe Lincoln

CharlianaM

Tracey - Nice!  I actually have a couple of friends that have graduated from SCI years ago.  Hopefully, I'll get to meet you - I see you live in Tuscon. 

Re:  Two girls, One grill - huh, interesting ;) - unfortunately, I'm just one girl and one grill.  haha. 

I'm about to look and see if anyone is doing some tailgating for ASU's game this Sat - hopefully, I'll get a chance to meet everyone. 

BTW - my "oven" BBQ was a big hit, everyone loved it!    Dry rub and homemade sauce was deelish!  ....does anyone brine?  I've been thinking about trying it.

* Charles
#15 - September 23, 2011, 02:45:17 pm

Members: