AZ Barbeque.com

The Noob

Discussion started on

waltbeast

Hello,

Names Walt, I just got a smoker and I am hoping to learn a lot of good information. I unfortunately am disabled and It is hard for me to do some of the modding and such I have scene looking around the net, but I still have a love for BBQ. I am not physically able to make overly ambitious food, and when your on a limited budget cheap cuts of meat are the best thing you can eat. So I thought BBQ might be a way for me to save some dignity and find some pride. Then when the wife comes home from working all day she can be proud of me for being able to atleast put dinner on the table.

Take care be well and god bless
#1 - March 21, 2011, 12:45:01 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome Walt, great to have you here.

Jump on in and enjoy the site/club, there's lots of great info and great BBQers on here.

Look forward to seeing your posts and pictures and hope to meet you soon out at some events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - March 21, 2011, 03:19:17 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AZWildcat

Welcome Walt.......if you have any specific questions, just fire away. What kind of a smoker do you have?
#3 - March 21, 2011, 09:49:48 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

KidCurry

Welcome walt.

Dan asked the question I was going to...what kind of smoker do you have?
#4 - March 21, 2011, 11:32:51 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

AzQer

Welcome Walt glad you found us.
#5 - March 21, 2011, 11:35:20 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

azkitch

Welcome on, Walt. Glad you found us. We'll help however we can.
Besides what kind of smoker, I would ask what part of town you call home? Maybe you can arrange some hands on help from someone who can't buy their own meat!
#6 - March 21, 2011, 01:47:23 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

n2dabluebbq

maybe trade labor for food. hahaha.

and welcome to the forum.
#7 - March 21, 2011, 04:26:19 pm
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

richoso12

Hello Walt, and welcome to the AZBB club. I am disabled too, but we all share the love for Q. It's all good my friend.
#8 - March 23, 2011, 11:10:19 am
GOSM big block, Weber 22.5 in one touch, AMZN cold smoker. I Grow NM Heritage 6-4, NM Jalmundo, NM Vaquero, Poblano,Serrano Tampiqueno. Habaneros are Orange, Antilla, Bondo Ma Jacque, and Red Savina. I use mesquite, cherry, apple, alder, and red oak chunks.

Members: