AZ Barbeque.com

Hi from across the water

Discussion started on

esselle

Hi
I am Scott from the U.K. I am a member of the British BBQ society, which is a small but growing group of Brits that are cooking U.S. style BBQ in competition. I was recomended here by a current member Mike P ;)
Cheers

Scott.
#1 - October 06, 2010, 12:24:27 am
Team Miss Piggy's.
U.K. Reserve Grand Champions 2010
Superior SS1
Pro Q excel
Pro Q Frontier

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey Scott, Welcome to the club/site, great to have you here.  Always great to meet fellow BBQ Enthusiasts from all over the globe.

I love looking at our stats each month and seeing all the awesome countries where we get visitors from, it's pretty cool.

Look forward to seeing you online here sharing your BBQing exploits with us, don't forget pictures, we LOVE Pictures here.

Hopefully some day we are able to meet you either over here at a BBQ Event, or even over there.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#2 - October 06, 2010, 12:27:12 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

Glad you've signed up, Scott. I'm a second gen Yank; my grandmother grew up between Congleton and Macclesfield. My folks have been to England several times, but I haven't. I'd love to go on a darts tour. About a year after I've started throwing again!
We love pictures. Show us what you cook with over there sometime!
Dave
#3 - October 06, 2010, 12:47:09 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mark

Welcome, Scott. We would indeed love seeing photos of your group's activities. BBQ is a great universal sport. Why, just a couple of days ago the Brits grilled our best golfers. ;)
#4 - October 06, 2010, 02:11:30 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Hi Scott,

Good to see you here.  I see the British BBQ team had some good improvement in scores at the Royal.
#5 - October 06, 2010, 05:25:09 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

AzQer

Welcome to the club Scott glad you found us. Pull up a log and enjoy
#6 - October 06, 2010, 06:53:43 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

AZWildcat

Hey Scott, glad you can join us! The wife is from Fenstanton, I guess it's a small village in Cambridgeshire. She speaks about returning for a visit ALL THE TIME. Anyway, welcome!
#7 - October 06, 2010, 12:52:54 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

BrownBearBBQ

Welcome Scott!! Enjoy our site and pass on some British recipes and ways that you all smoke over there! Now maybe if our golfers had been eating some good 'Q the results might have been different!!  ;D
#8 - October 07, 2010, 04:26:18 pm
Diamond Plate Series 70 Modified
Southern Pride  300
Traeger
KCBS Judge #56038

Brown Bear BBQ Catering and Personal Chef

Providing the Best of "Smokin' Good Times"!!

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Welcome aboard Scott. Enjoy the site
#9 - October 07, 2010, 05:34:41 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

esselle

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I will get some pics up asap.
Dave, Congleton is only about an hour from me. It is a beautiful area, very affluent.
Mike, thanks for recommending the site, the natives seem friendly. Yes, Toby and the boys did very well at the Royal - 21st in Brisket in the invitational. Is it ok to post the bbbqs web address on here for people to check out?
As far as the golf fellas I was backing USA to win. I can't take that conceited Montgomery!
#10 - October 08, 2010, 09:58:20 am
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:18:05 am by esselle »
Team Miss Piggy's.
U.K. Reserve Grand Champions 2010
Superior SS1
Pro Q excel
Pro Q Frontier

Crash

Welcome Scott, great to have you here.
#11 - October 08, 2010, 10:31:32 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

BBQCZAR

Glad to have you here Scott,great group here and lots of good BBQ info as well  :)
#12 - October 08, 2010, 10:34:30 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

RudedoggAZ

Hey Scott, Welcome to the site... Enjoy!
#13 - October 08, 2010, 11:34:05 am

Mike P in Tucson

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I will get some pics up asap.
Dave, Congleton is only about an hour from me. It is a beautiful area, very affluent.
Mike, thanks for recommending the site, the natives seem friendly. Yes, Toby and the boys did very well at the Royal - 21st in Brisket in the invitational. Is it ok to post the bbbqs web address on here for people to check out?
As far as the golf fellas I was backing USA to win. I can't take that conceited Montgomery!

Scott,  yes, the natives are mostly friendly here.  Hardly any of us actually carry guns around any more. :D

I think it is perfectly all right to post a link to the BBBQS, so here goeswww.bbbqs.com. You folks are building a great BBQ tradition, from the ground up.
#14 - October 09, 2010, 05:55:04 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Members: