AZ Barbeque.com

Allready too cold in Wisconsin

Discussion started on

Coz

Some of you may know me from a few other hide outs.We have competed a little in the past 2 years and hope to do more in the future.Other then a pair of WSMs I build my own cookers typically some version of Stumps style cookers.Always looking for new places to BS with others and see what everyone else is cooking.
#1 - October 31, 2009, 10:39:46 am
Bringin' The Heat BBQ Team
HomeBuilt Gravity Feed cooker

jmcrig

Welcome aboard. Feel free to jump in where ever and whenever. And I'm sure you're right about the weather.
#2 - October 31, 2009, 10:46:46 am

azkitch

Glad you joined the forum, Coz. Where are you in Wisc? My mother did High School in Grant County, and her ancestors settled Livingston, all of that just north of Platteville.
Frickin' BRRR. I did 2 years in the frozen tundra. I lived in Milwaukee's Bay View area, and 6 months on the east side, at Humboldt and Brady, next to the Gull drug store. Old Man Gull was our landlord. Waited for a bus in front of that church @ -25*F. Ambient temp. And it was WINDY. Got an opportunity to head to Smell A, California, and couldn't leave fast enough. Went to the airport wearing long johns, T-shirt, shirt heavy shirt, sweater, jacket, coat. Got to LA sunny and 70.
I think I exaggerated. But only by 1 shirt. Maybe.
Screw the cold. I'll take 4 weeks of 115 plus a few days of 118+ over 20 minutes of -20. Yuck!

So come on out and visit us sometime. We're having a competition the first week of December, and there is another in Lake Havasu City in February. When the really extremely bitter cold moves in. Always fun to head back to Wisconsin in winter sportin' a sunburn! If neither of those works for ya, Spring Training starts the first week of March, or the end of February. BBQ comp in Havasu, a couple Brewer games in Maryvale, back home with a tan by March 5. There ya go.
#3 - October 31, 2009, 12:01:05 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Welcome once again to our great little piece of the BBQ World.  Great to have you here.

We do have a great Club here and lots of great members.

Post up some pictures of what you have and build, we LOVE photos here.

Hope to see you online here more and who knows, maybe eventually out at one of our great upcoming events.

WELCOME!!

Mike
#4 - October 31, 2009, 01:39:13 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Coz

AZ ,we are in Montello about 2 hours north of Milwaukee and a little west.A little over 2 hours east and a little north of Livingston.I have spent a lot of time near the Platteville area.
#5 - October 31, 2009, 02:12:37 pm

smitty250

Welcome Coz - enjoy the site.
#6 - November 02, 2009, 09:29:50 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

KidCurry

Welcome!
#7 - November 02, 2009, 10:32:12 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

AzQer

Welcome to our cozy corner of the internet pull up a log and enjoy.
#8 - November 02, 2009, 02:43:44 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

RudedoggAZ

Welcome to the site
#9 - November 02, 2009, 02:48:12 pm

azcolt45

Coz, welcome
We all would like to see some pics of the Stump clones you make. I am in the planing stages of making a Stumps clone but with rotating racks, convection fan and water tank.
#10 - November 03, 2009, 01:03:28 am
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

Coz

Colt here is a link to my pics from the build on the last clone .I built it last winter and it has cooked all but 4 weekends since.She has been to 4 comps and has done well with 2 GCs.
 http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt5/bringintheheat181/?start=20
    I assume you are familar with The Prairie BBQ group? A bunch of home builders who openly share info.
#11 - November 03, 2009, 07:43:55 pm

azcolt45

Coz, great job on your build. I looks very professional. I especially like the design of the fuel chute. I am sure you get no logjams with it. I am curious about the stack location though. Why did you put it on the same side as the fire? Did you put plates in the bottom to make it like a reverse flow stick burner?

I am familar with The Prairie BBQ site. I have downloaded a bunch of their pics on the vertical Stumps

Colt
#12 - November 04, 2009, 12:56:34 am
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

Coz

Colt,thanks for the compliments.It is a reverse flow.The drain pan is the diverter with a 6" space on the right side for the smake/heat to enter the cook chamber.I am working on plans for the next version.I usually do some kind of winter project.I am just getting ready to build a little better trailer then I will start another cooker.The part I dont care for on this one is I have not found the the sweet spot for the gas shock/spring..It is pretty heavy and the wife cant open it so we cant use it if I have to be gone.other then that it has been a cookin machine.It runs well with the Guru or with out.
#13 - November 04, 2009, 04:12:29 pm

Crash

Welcom Coz, great to have you here.
#14 - November 04, 2009, 07:34:16 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

ddog27

WELCOME!!
#15 - November 23, 2009, 12:45:14 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn