AZ Barbeque.com

A wet California Howdy!

Discussion started on

bigmista

Hey everybody!

My name is Neil but everybody calls me Bigmista. I'm the head cook for the Four Q BBQ team here in Los Angeles. I'm also the owner of Bigmista's Barbecue Catering. I've been BBQ'ing seriously since about 2004. We just started vending at festivals and Farmers Markets last year but our biz seems to be taking off.

I really have a lot of fun with the AZ teams when they come to town and I am really looking forward to Stagecoach so we can hangout for the whole weekend!

I cook on a medium Spicewine, fat cap down. I don't foil unless I'm late. I brine chicken but inject butts and briskets. Grilling ain't BBQ but it can still be good. And when it comes to BBQ, it don't matter how many gadgets you got, it's done when it's done.
#1 - February 09, 2009, 02:30:25 pm

BBQCZAR

Hi Neil,welcome to the forum,great bunch of people here,just try to ignore that Thom Emery guy that gets in and out of here  ;D :o ;D
#2 - February 09, 2009, 02:38:19 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Neil, Welcome to the site, great to have you over here.  We have a great group of people over here and as you know, have a lot of fun.

We really enjoyed seeing you and your team this past weekend out at Palm Desert, it's always a great time when you guys are around.

Looking forward to seeing you online here more and hopefully out at some of our events in the near future.

Good luck with the Farmers Markets, sounds like that's a great gig for you, congrats.

See you at Stagecoach..

Oh yea, Thanks for the endorsement for the Liquid Smoke..  ;)  ;D

#3 - February 09, 2009, 02:42:52 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mr Smoker

Welcome Neil, glad to see hear.
#4 - February 09, 2009, 03:01:02 pm
Charbroil RED, #7 Custom Red Kamado,AZBarbeque Hall of Fame.

KidCurry

once again welcome!!  Congrats on another people choice win!!
#5 - February 09, 2009, 03:06:06 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Crash

Welcome to the site Bigmista.  Looks like that wet weather followed us home to AZ.
#6 - February 09, 2009, 03:29:22 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

KidCurry

yep, it has been snowing here all day!
#7 - February 09, 2009, 03:50:54 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

bigmista

Well anything to get this wet madness out of SoCal!! Rain kicked our butts at the market yesterday.
#8 - February 09, 2009, 04:31:00 pm

desertdog

Right on!  Good to have you over here, Neil. A couple suggestions, do not bad mouth the Arizona Cardinals, you WILL be reprimanded.  Feel free to knock the Pittsburgh Steelers all you want, and we derive great pleasure in putting down the U of A Wildcats whenever possible.

As you probably know by now, Mike boils his ribs, Thom speaks in tounges, Force rubs and injects his butt whenever he can, Toyz is a Ninja Firewalker, DDog is a post whore..........in other words, freaks hang out here.  You'll fit right in!  ;D

#9 - February 09, 2009, 05:25:21 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Thom Emery

Hi Neil,welcome to the forum,great bunch of people here,just try to ignore that Thom Emery guy that gets in and out of here  ;D :o ;D

I was wondering who would get the spot next the Rest Rooms and Generators at Stagecoach
Thanks for helping me decide   >:D ::) ;D
#10 - February 09, 2009, 05:26:50 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Quiggs

Hey Niel glad you found the site!! met you at Hesperia event last year and chatted.  My son could not get enough of your fatty's during the taste testing!!

Quiggs of Havasu
#11 - February 09, 2009, 06:01:20 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I was wondering who would get the spot next the Rest Rooms and Generators at Stagecoach
Thanks for helping me decide   >:D ::) ;D

Whew, Glad Tim spoke up and requested it.  For a minute there, I thought Dean was the shoe in for that spot..  ;D  ;D
#12 - February 09, 2009, 07:22:12 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

I brine chicken but inject butts...
Baseball player, eh?
Sorry. Couldn't resist. Welcome, Bigmista. I've been reading the 158 page UDS thread with your fingerprints all over it. I absolutely LOVE your ash/charcoal pan. As I said at the end of that post, I told the DW that I want to build a UDS, and she acted like I said I was headed down to the Bentley dealership...
I saw the pics of the PD cookoff, and I thought, "Isn't that Bigmista from Brethren?". I like it when I'm right. I'm married, I don't get to feel like that very often.
If my DW ever logs on here, she'll be my DX!
azkitch
#13 - February 09, 2009, 08:21:08 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Uzona

Howdy Neil.

Glad you joined the site. Hope you enjoy our forum and post often.

My teammates and I had the pleasure of competing next to you at Viejas last year, and hope to have an opportunity to do so again.  We'd love to see you make it out to an AZ comp.  Mike will even show you his boiled rib technique.  He doesn't share that with just anyone.

#14 - February 09, 2009, 08:51:57 pm
Don
BBQ Castaways.

hillbille

Ain't the rain wonderful :D
#15 - February 09, 2009, 11:33:22 pm
bbq newby

Members: