AZ Barbeque.com

A little help needed to start in the right direction

Discussion started on

cornermarket

Hello.  My name is Julie and I own a deli in Southwestern New Mexico.  Tonight I was doing some research on the internet attempting to educate myself on hosting an BBQ competition in conjuction with a horseshoe tournament we are having in September.  I'm quickly finding out that New Mexico doesn't have much to offer with associations and/or contacts in regards to BBQing.  Currently, we have our own smoker in the store and do smoked meats for customers.  (and we can't keep up with the demand).  One would think we just invented sliced bread with BBQ out here in the mountains!  I would love to offer the community a taste of various expertise regarding BBQing as I think it would be fun for all.  However, I am needing alittle help on how to organize a competition.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
#1 - June 07, 2009, 08:13:48 pm

Mr.Bo

Never have done that Julie so I can't help you with that one. But if you will be patient, there are many who can.
BTW... Welcome to the fold.
#2 - June 07, 2009, 08:49:24 pm
BBQ Grillware vertical gas smoker
WSM with mods
UDS
Pro Q Excell 20

force

Ask Mikey......... he eats everything and certainly knows how to throw a competition........
#3 - June 07, 2009, 11:22:59 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Julie, welcome to the site, great to have you. 

Sounds like a great idea you have there and I'm sure lots of people would love to experience it.

I am currently out of town, but shoot me an e-mail to Michael@AZBarbeque.com and when I get back next Monday, I will shoot you over some info on competitions.

Hope you enjoy the site/club and all it has to offer, we have some great members here as well as some great topics.  We look forward to seeing you online and hearing about your BBQing experiences as well as getting to meet you soon out at some of our events.

WELCOME!!!
#4 - June 08, 2009, 09:24:58 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

Was that a message in a bottle, Mike? How'd you find time between buffets to log on??  ::)  ;D
#5 - June 08, 2009, 03:10:34 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

force

Is he on the boat right now?
#6 - June 08, 2009, 10:37:27 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

azkitch

Is he on the boat right now?
I checked the cruise thread', it started the 7th, methinks.
#7 - June 09, 2009, 05:19:13 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Crashs Wife

Yes, Mike is on a boat but he is so addicted he just can't stay away..........either that or he is afraid the kids are gonna play to hard if he doesn't check in!!!

And Hi Julie!!!!!!!  Mike will be a great source for information on competitions.  Once you get one set up, I am sure you will have teams from AZ heading your way!!!
#8 - June 09, 2009, 06:36:47 am
Crash's Better Half :)
AKA Pit B!t@h

bearbonez

Welcome aboard.

Hey Mike. Say hi to Capt. Stubing and Isaac for me.
#9 - June 12, 2009, 07:54:10 am
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:55:44 am by bearbonez »
David "Bear" Nunley

AzQer

I never met the captain not a rum fan but Issac on the other hand mixes a mean Margarita.

Welcome Julie looking foward to you getting something together as I live in Southern Arizona and look foward to heading your way.
#10 - June 12, 2009, 10:42:26 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

ddog27

Welcome!!
#11 - June 15, 2009, 06:33:37 am
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!