AZ Barbeque.com

Chit Howdy from the beaches of Orange County!

Discussion started on

Big_Country

With all you ugly mugs from AZ on the Cali board and running around our contests, I figured it was about time for me to bring some beauty to the AZ brothers!  So here I am!   O0 
For those that haven't had the pleasure of meeting me, my name is Brian, but I'm better known as Big Country, or just Country for short.  I've been Q'in for a few years now and am in my third year of competition.  I'm currently a proud member of Notley Que out of Cardiff, but I reside in Huntington Beach. 
The more I get to know the AZ crew, the more at home I feel in their camp!  Thanks for the hospitality you guys have extended to me.  Looking forward to sharing lots of laughs with you guys!
Did I happen to mention that I am humble and shy?   ;D
#1 - April 30, 2009, 09:46:12 am

desertdog

Right on, Country!  Good to have you over here on the Dark Side.   Had a great time with you guys last weekend, look forward to seeing your ugly mug around contests more often!

#2 - April 30, 2009, 09:55:25 am
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

DivaHerself

Hey big fella!  Good to see you!!
Be warned, it's one short step from just coming to a different bulletin board, to coming across to a comp to see how different the Friday nights are!
#3 - April 30, 2009, 01:18:29 pm
Things you ONLY hear at a BBQ competition:
BBQCzar: "Hey, your butt's looking really good!"
VQ: "Thanks, I've been working on it."

Big_Country

Hell, after Sunday night with these guys, I'm scared I'd miss ALL my turn ins if I partied with them Friday night!!
#4 - April 30, 2009, 03:48:51 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Imagine if you had started with us on Thursday night...  :o  ;D

Yea, we do like to Party a little, glad you got to join us on Sunday night.  Hope to do it again soon.
#5 - April 30, 2009, 03:52:40 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

desertdog

Yeah, sounds like Sunday night was fun!  I um, checked out a little early....probably for the best, huh, Alexa?  ::)

#6 - April 30, 2009, 05:08:03 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

AzQer

Nice party with you Country had a lot of fun. Once we got the tequila flowing and those shooters wernt that bad either. Glad you came by come back often.
#7 - April 30, 2009, 05:58:50 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Big_Country

Dean, I hope I didn't wake up the whole camp when I was "whispering" in the front window to get you to come out and play...
#8 - May 01, 2009, 07:31:55 am

azkitch

Glad to have you on board. Pretty soon, you'll move here, too. One more EQ...Then you'll buy some land in Buckeye, wait for it to become beachfront...I used to live in Stan's Fernando Valley, in Pan-O-Ray-ma City (Panorama...). OK. It's Van Nuys. That was back in the mid 80s, before it went totally downhill. I used to go to the northern beaches--Santa Monica on up--and I only got down to Huntington once in the 80s. I was amazed when I figgered out how different the surf is when I finally got there to stop back in '04...
I hope to meet you at an event sometime. I've gotta start going to these things...
Speaking of which, BevMo has Maker's Mark on sale for $20! Stock up!!
Kitch
#9 - May 04, 2009, 07:42:29 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

force

HOO Ah
#10 - May 14, 2009, 09:52:10 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: