AZ Barbeque.com
Likes 5 Likes

BBQ Boot Camp

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

For those of you who are on the fence about competing or for those of you who just want to have the opportunity to see how a contest works, post up here for the Good Sam BBQ Showdown Boot Camp.

A few of our Local Seasoned Pit Masters will be competing out at this event and have agreed to host a BBQ Comp Boot Camp if there is enough interest.

BBQ Booth Camp is a great, unique opportunity offered by AZBarbeque and several of our great Seasoned BBQ Pit Masters.

Space is extremely limited.  Only 10 spots will be available in this BBQ Boot Camp.

The Boot camp will consist of every aspect you will need to know to properly compete in your own 4 meat BBQ Competition.  From picking out the perfect meats to trimming, prepping, injecting & rubbing them.  Then on to smoking them all while staying on track with your times.  This Boot Camp will shave years off of your learning curve.

Post up if you are interested.  If we have enough interest, we will move forward with this great concept.
#1 - October 19, 2016, 11:16:22 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzQer

Who are the Local Pit masters I may be interested in this LOL
#2 - October 21, 2016, 05:51:43 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Who are the Local Pit masters I may be interested in this LOL

Does it matter?  You should still take it.  LOL
#3 - October 21, 2016, 06:26:46 am
Michael J. Reimann

DVD

I would be interested in the boot camp. Not sure if you received enough interest or if the 10 spots are already full.
#4 - November 08, 2016, 05:16:54 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I would be interested in the boot camp. Not sure if you received enough interest or if the 10 spots are already full.

Thanks Dan, I'll have them contact you.
#5 - November 08, 2016, 05:42:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mcevoyrom

We will have more posted about sign up and teams hosting the BBQ Boot Camp by this Sunday coming up. Check your private message Dan as I sent you my contact.
#6 - November 09, 2016, 12:30:13 pm

Mcevoyrom

Both Smoke N Frogs and Lip S-Macn BBQ will be holding the BBQ Boot Camp at the Good Sam BBQ Showdown. You will learn everything you need to know to compete in competition BBQ from Meat selection, to cooking process, all the way to turn in of all 4 meats. This runs in conjunction with the contest from Friday evening on thru Saturday turn ins and is hands on as just like you would be competing. BBQ Boot Camp is perfect for anyone who has thought they would like to try Competition BBQ, teams with some experience that want to step up their game, and the back yard cook wanting to cook amazing BBQ.

Because it is hands on, we really need to keep it to 10 people in the Boot Camp, so if interested you need to sign up fast to insure your spot . It is important that that we keep this affordable, so we are only charging $100 per person or $150 per couple.

Please if interested send money to Mike at  AZBarbeque with a note that includes your name(s) so we can have you on the list, that you are wanting to attend the BBQ Boot Camp, and your entree fee.
#7 - November 13, 2016, 02:53:26 pm

Mcevoyrom

We have added a sign up sheet for BBQ Boot Camp. This will keep registration simpler and give us direct communication as the event gets closer. Still room, but act fast as we can only have 10 people in because of the hands on aspect. Again we will go thru everything you need to know to put on a fair showing at a BBQ Competition. Will be Friday night getting meats ready and Saturday cooking side by side right thru turn ins. With two teams hosting you will get to see what we do different and what we do similar. We also will cover cooking on several different smokers. 
#8 - December 13, 2016, 09:56:02 am
Attachments:

DVD

We have added a sign up sheet for BBQ Boot Camp. This will keep registration simpler and give us direct communication as the event gets closer. Still room, but act fast as we can only have 10 people in because of the hands on aspect. Again we will go thru everything you need to know to put on a fair showing at a BBQ Competition. Will be Friday night getting meats ready and Saturday cooking side by side right thru turn ins. With two teams hosting you will get to see what we do different and what we do similar. We also will cover cooking on several different smokers.

Great! I will get my registration in ASAP.

Being my first content what time is turn-in's on final results on Saturday?
#9 - December 13, 2016, 03:32:47 pm

Mcevoyrom

Turn in usually starts at noon and then every 45 minutes after each other for this sanctioning body. The awards are after everything is tallied up and usually before 5 PM. Mike crew is on it so it could be as early as 3 PM. As a participant you will hands on  be involved with turn ins such as meat placement in the boxes as well as cooking the product going in the box.
#10 - December 15, 2016, 05:44:51 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Don't miss out, get signed up today & come enjoy & experience a real BBQ Competition and all that it encompasses.

Hope to see lots of you out there.
#11 - December 21, 2016, 04:02:25 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I just have 5 Registrations for this Boot Camp come in today.

That puts us at 8 People Signed up.

We ONLY have 2 spots left. 

Don't miss out, get your registration in TODAY..
#12 - January 05, 2017, 03:58:22 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Rhino

Man, if only I was closer! I need something like this to learn a few things! :)
#13 - February 12, 2017, 11:31:29 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rhinobservations on life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness,
and FOOD, @ www.JimRhino.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Man, if only I was closer! I need something like this to learn a few things! :)

LOL, right...
#14 - February 12, 2017, 04:07:34 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Send this topic Print

Members: