AZ Barbeque.com
Likes 5 Likes

Getting to Know you Section

Discussion started on

Bill Hurley

Greetings all:
I am Bill Hurley, a retired fire captain living in Tucson. I have been a "Firehouse Chef" for many years, and have become an avid griller and BBQer since I have retired 9 years ago. My wife Susie and I both love riding our Harleys and restoring old cars, visiting with friends, and watching the sunset from the patio of our home in Tucson.
#31 - July 04, 2016, 08:11:23 am

Mark

Great to have you with us, Bill.  ;D Sounds like you are livin' the good life. We have some award-winning Tucson members in our group for you to meet one day.
#32 - July 04, 2016, 12:29:59 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

tomtyo

Hi all, I am a new member to this group. I have been smoking in the backyard for about 9 years, for family and friends. I recently retired and now want to step up my hobby into the competitive world of que! Look forward to participating in some events, but I'm looking to build a new smoker first! I have used a propane cabinet water cooker and am looking to go stick burner for competition. Any lines on old propane tanks would be greatly appreciated!
#33 - July 08, 2016, 01:18:54 pm

Mark

Be extra careful about using old propane tanks. If they haven't been 100% purged and flushed they can go kaboom when you take a torch to cut them. ???
#34 - July 08, 2016, 07:07:11 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

jmcrig

Hello ya'll. Like to proverbial bad penny, I'm back.
#35 - November 06, 2016, 07:02:36 pm

BBQCZAR

Glad you're back  :)
#36 - November 06, 2016, 08:28:54 pm
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:48:35 am by BBQCZAR »
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

smitty250

Great to see you back Mark!
#37 - November 07, 2016, 03:24:52 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

jmcrig

Great to see you back Mark!
Looking forward to seeing BBQ in Arizona come together as one great group.  Also spreading the gospel of Operation BBQ Relief, so if the need arises, we as BBQer's can respond.
#38 - November 07, 2016, 03:37:20 pm

Smoknmeat

The name is Paul, I live in the Phoenix area. The reason I joined this site is to get more involved with the BBQ circuit. I have been BBQing for 5 maybe 6 years. The end product is phenomenal so I’ve been told. I have smoked several butts, shoulders, briskets, chickens and ribs. I am anxious to learn from you head pit masters so I can improve and learn new tricks. I currently have 2 22.5” WSM, 1 18.5” WSM, 1 14.5” WSM, 1 22.5” Weber kettle, 1 Weber smokey Joe, 1 Weber Genesis ll E410 gas grill. Also, is there a map of where the competition's are going to be or will I be able to get updated through email when they come available? 
#39 - March 12, 2018, 09:17:20 pm

Stuck-O

Welcome, Paul!!! 

New to the group myself. You're gunna love it!

There's not a map or anything, but make sure to join the AZBarbeque Facebook group. Any events that Mike or the Club is involved with usually gets posted up there. Then usually there is a post about it on this forum. Other than that, just keep your eyes out on Facebook. The world get posted on there!

Keep on Smokin'!
#40 - March 15, 2018, 09:58:45 am
Chris Stuckey (Stuck-O)
Bottlecap Barbeque

Soncho

Hi everyone, I have been a member for several years but due to life being busy, I have not been on for quite some time. I do have some questions about organizing a BBQ event for a local Rotary club. Hey Mike, if you see this or if someone who can get a hold of mike see this, I sent ya a couple of PM notes. Can you check them out and let me know what ya think please. Thanks and Im glad to be back on the site!

Soncho
#41 - April 12, 2018, 12:58:44 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hi everyone, I have been a member for several years but due to life being busy, I have not been on for quite some time. I do have some questions about organizing a BBQ event for a local Rotary club. Hey Mike, if you see this or if someone who can get a hold of mike see this, I sent ya a couple of PM notes. Can you check them out and let me know what ya think please. Thanks and Im glad to be back on the site! Soncho
Hi everyone, I have been a member for several years but due to life being busy, I have not been on for quite some time. I do have some questions about organizing a BBQ event for a local Rotary club. Hey Mike, if you see this or if someone who can get a hold of mike see this, I sent ya a couple of PM notes. Can you check them out and let me know what ya think please. Thanks and Im glad to be back on the site! Soncho

I just messaged you.  Give me a call if you can.  We would LOVE to do another event in Safford.  Loved our last one down there.
#42 - April 13, 2018, 08:42:02 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

SurfAndTurf

Hello from Scottsdale!

My husband promised me he would tell me if I started going overboard on this whole BBQ thing...

I'm a new Pellethead with a campchef pellet smoker/grill and I freakin' LOVE IT! Ok, we still have 2 weber charcoal grills, another weber smoker, a campchef propane grill/oven/flat piece combo and another weber propane for the rv. And there might be another little weber in the shed.

I've had some great success meals lately and I'm looking forward to learning more from this forum!
SurfAndTurf
#43 - August 02, 2018, 11:18:58 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hello from Scottsdale! My husband promised me he would tell me if I started going overboard on this whole BBQ thing... I'm a new Pellethead with a campchef pellet smoker/grill and I freakin' LOVE IT! Ok, we still have 2 weber charcoal grills, another weber smoker, a campchef propane grill/oven/flat piece combo and another weber propane for the rv. And there might be another little weber in the shed. I've had some great success meals lately and I'm looking forward to learning more from this forum! SurfAndTurf

Welcome Cathy, great to have you here. We have lots of great discussions on here and lots of great info.  We look forward to seeing you online more and hope to meet you soon out at some of our great events.  We have a really fun one coming up over Labor Day weekend in Springerville, AZ.  Check out the info at https://www.facebook.com/events/184813105676848/

Enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

WELCOME!!  Mike
#44 - August 04, 2018, 04:21:04 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Slockwood

Hello, I am from mesa, I've been doing the backyard BBQ thing for several years but certainly not a pro but I look forward to learning more and possibly making some new friends along the way.
#45 - July 23, 2020, 02:50:42 pm

Members: