AZ Barbeque.com

Getting to know you question # 4

Discussion started on

PAT YOUNG

ROMANELLIS IS THE BOMB ON THE WEST SIDE! THEY OPENED UP I THINK MY LAST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL AND THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE THERE EXEPT CIRCLE K, SO ME AND MY BUDS WENT EVERY DAY FOR LUNCH! AND SINCE THEN THEY ARE MY GO TO GUYS FOR ITALIAN MARKET ITEMS( EVERY TRIP TO PHX. WE STOCK UP THERE AND AT THE KOREAN MARKET ON DUNLAP JUST EAST OF 43RD AVE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF DUNLAP! WE GET OUR DRIED BULK MUSHROOMS, SWEET CHILE SAUCE, OYSTER SAUCE, HOISEN SAUCE,AND OTHER ITEMS FOR OUR PANTRY AT THE KOREAN STORE AND OUR SAN MARZANO TOMATOES,REGGIANO PARMESANO,ANCHOVIES,ETC AT ROMMANELLIS!ROMMANELLIS ALSO HAS A GREAT ITALIAN DELI/LUNCH COUNTER! GIVE THEM A TRY, YOU WON'T BE SORRY! PAT
#46 - September 17, 2009, 03:41:37 am

PaPa's Pulled Pork

Steak and Potatos
#47 - September 21, 2009, 08:30:43 pm

canesXE

SEAFOOD...one of things I miss the most about not being in FLA NO FRESH SEAFOOD here in AZ
#48 - October 03, 2009, 10:31:29 am

TiaraFaith

I like Italian and Mexican food!
#49 - October 20, 2009, 04:45:22 pm

azkitch

I like Italian and Mexican food!
Aww jeez. She figured out the colors...
#50 - October 22, 2009, 12:23:08 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

HarleyE

Broccoli and Yakisoba.... yeah.
#51 - November 17, 2009, 07:20:25 pm
xXHarleyxQuinXx

Henry Silvestre

I love Indian Food-- Spicy and flavorful... Thai and Chinesse come right behind it.
#52 - December 04, 2009, 04:06:44 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Pizza, Fish, Soft Pretzals, Seafood
#53 - December 04, 2009, 04:37:12 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Mrs. Weaponeer

Pizza!
#54 - December 04, 2009, 07:25:38 pm

O-Bear

Well, if you haven't guessed by my other postings yet, I am Polish. So naturally, I very much enjoy anything that is brined, pickled, smoked, cured, or cooked over open flame. Lamb is favorite red meat, followed by any game as a close second. My favorite thing to create is a fusion between American and Polish cuisine.... an American dish (such as turkey or ham) that has an earthy~spicy flavor.
#55 - December 29, 2009, 05:27:15 pm

Mark

I have to admit that lamb is the one thing I have never cooked. And I've only eaten it a handful of times in my life. My wife's cousin raised lambs for years and his mother always exclaimed a lamb recipe to be a success because it didn't taste like lamb. I never figured out why you would raise something you didn't want to taste. So I admire those who know and cook something the way it is supposed to taste. I think the Poles do it right.
#56 - December 29, 2009, 05:42:57 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

O-Bear

Your words are kind Mark...thank you. I have had quite the success here in Texas (of all places) converting those who swear at the sight of lamb to become those who now enjoy a properly 'cued one. Some of the best lamb ever tastes less like mutton and more like an exotic meat.
#57 - December 29, 2009, 06:03:33 pm

wedontrentpigs

Question number four:

Besides BBQ what are your favorite foods?

Have you seen me?  Easier to name things I hate.
1. Beets
2. Egg Nog
3. More Beets.
That's about it.

But I do love me some PF Changs.
#58 - December 29, 2009, 06:20:45 pm

O-Bear

Beets? You hate beets? Ah man....hating beets is like, well, hating life itself.

I understand. My daughter can't seem bring herself to sit in the same room with them either. She must get that from her mother's side.

I still respect you.   ;D
#59 - December 29, 2009, 06:40:15 pm

Mark

I love beets. Most people say they hate them because they taste like dirt. That's why I like them. (Not that I'm a regular dirt eater...unless I'm at work.) ;) ::)
#60 - December 29, 2009, 06:52:04 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: