AZ Barbeque.com

Getting to know you question # 4

Discussion started on

Martini Mama

Kitch you are hilarious!
Let's see, how much room is there on this board?? Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, Clams, Oysters, Mussels, Crab, Fresh Fish, Pizza, Sushi, Asian Fusion, Burgers, Prime Rib, Filet Mignon (add some crab and bernaise sauce YUM!), Pulled Pork, Ribs - oh wait, besides BBQ, right?? I like it all!!!
I lied just now, I despise fast food...
#31 - September 02, 2009, 04:50:16 pm
Olivesmoker's Wife
Member of Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team

luisricky

all type of food and desserts, well Chinese food a few dishes, very few
#32 - September 02, 2009, 04:56:42 pm

Jethro

Any real seafood, a perfect med rare T-Bone and my Mom's lasagna.
#33 - September 02, 2009, 05:51:19 pm

gooose53

thai food (almost any asian food)
a good steak
black eyed peas with mayo
shrimp and grits
sausage gravy

#34 - September 02, 2009, 06:31:54 pm

jeremy7506

well since I have traveled the world, I would say I like all kinds of things.  The first thing I would do when I went to All these countries was to find the street vendors so I could taste the local cuisine.  If I don't know what it is I will eat it.
#35 - September 02, 2009, 07:08:16 pm
ProQ
22.5 WSM
BarBChef offset

RobOConnell

My wife cooks an unbelievable Eggplant Parmesan and she can make a mean birthday cake.
#36 - September 02, 2009, 09:11:59 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

SmokinFatboy

Well I'm down to 320lbs, but wieghed 360. I won't eat liver or tapioca pudding, so I consider everything else to be my favorite foods. I do love me a nice giant Porterhouse. I could eat that 24/7.  I guess I'll never be avegamatarian.
#37 - September 03, 2009, 11:54:54 am
Brinkman smoke-n-pit (clamshell version)
weber kettle
Sears 3 burner gas grill

cowgirl

Good seafood, ribeyes, chinese and sushi for me. :)
#38 - September 13, 2009, 12:29:34 pm

Mark

Anything ethnic. I just spotted an east African joint on east McDowell I gotta try. I love all Asian foods at "real" joints, not chains. Korean/Thai/Vietnamese/Indian, etc. I also like Brazilian food...not just the bounty of grilled meats from a churrascaria, but fejoada and spicy Bahian cooking with lots of fish, shrimp, coconut milk, chiles, palm oil, tropical fruits, etc. Oh yeah, and plenty of caiparinhas to wash it down. :P
#39 - September 13, 2009, 12:40:43 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mrs. Curry

If we were to go out I would do Mexican food. Eating in I would say homemade tacos.
#40 - September 13, 2009, 03:53:25 pm
Anything'll Que

ron b

WELL I LIKE HOT HOT HOT!!!! PHAL CURRY BOWL INDIAN.OR RIGHT NOW ALL U CAN EAT SCHRIMP FROM RED LOBSTER LOOKING FOR THE SAME WITH LOBSTER LOL YA RIGHT......

RJB
#41 - September 13, 2009, 04:10:02 pm
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

skou

You mean to tell me that there is other food besides BBQ?

I can think of something that I like to eat, that doesn't fall into the "food" category, but that would probably get me banned, if I were to mention it.

Seriously, just by looking at me, you'd deduct (correctly) that there isn't a whole lot of food I don't like.

steve
#42 - September 15, 2009, 04:53:14 pm
Currently cooking with a newly built UDS,(thanks to Skouson, my brother) which is my current best smoker.  I've also got a Weber Performer, also from Sterling.  My brothers think I'm CRAZY.  (Strangely, they're right.)

bbqphx.com

This changes for me, somewhat, upon my travels though I'm really not opposed to much (just look at me LOL!!_).  My hometown Chicago faves of deep dish pizza (sorry Scottie), Italian beef, gyros, steaks, etc. will never ever leave.  But here's some new additions to the fave lists:
Hawaii-Kalua pig was my favorite Hawaiian dish at Yama's.  Had some ramen at Goma Tei at Ward's center and then Pho at some Vietnamese place in Chinatown and both were absolutely to die for.  I'm looking for both back here in PHX..............................................still looking..............................
Italy-We went to Bologna (best food town), Florence, Venice, Rome, Parma/Modena (unfortunately closed on Sunday) and I can't even say how good the food was.  We even took a bus to the far side of Bologna to a super-walmart-esque type of store to have fresh sausages, pasta, cheeses, and bread virtually made right there for us and we cooked back in the condo we rented with some Peroni  :P  Absolutely frickin' amazing-can't wait to return as soon as the dollar recovers...........................
London-A very cool connection to have on a trip to Italy, the food was good though rumors to the contrary abound.  It is a very international city, many would say there's really not a lot of Britain left in London.  Based on the burkhas and turbans I encountered all along Edgware Rd. I can't say I disagree-I only stayed  a few days though.  Steak and Ale pie, bangers and mash :)  Brilliant!!  And don't miss the Borough Market and their grilled cheese sandwich vendor who takes 'off the hook' to a whole other level!!
#43 - September 15, 2009, 07:45:38 pm
Tracy-Head Chef and Mad Scientist
Weber Ranch Kettle
Two Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Old School Weber Performer circa 1998
FEC100
http://www.bbqphx.com
Find BBQPHX sauce at Hobe Meats, Bull Market and Brooksie's

ron b

WAS NOT AWARE THERE WAS ANY OTHER ZA THAN WINDY CITY'S!!!! >:D\
i lived north side but grew up in little italy .....

god do i miss---
frank's
lou mal's
giordano's
and of course white castle..

dammit now im sad and hungry great!!   :'( :'( :'(
go bears..
there was a place next to my high school <gordon tech> that made the best frog legs.does anyone know of a place here in phx?

p.s. romanelli's north phx is the closest to home i have found so far and reasonable.

ron
#44 - September 15, 2009, 11:49:11 pm
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:02:46 am by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

azkitch

More Romanelli's! I screwed up, living kitty corner from them for several years, and never going in there...
#45 - September 16, 2009, 09:00:35 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: