AZ Barbeque.com

What options would you recommend for a Fat 50?

Discussion started on

QG

Hello:

I have a question for all of the DPP experts out there.  I'm going to start a little catering to help support my BBQ Team.  I currently have a Traeger Texas and an FEC-100, and am looking to add a Fat 50 for greater capacity.  What options would you recommend that I get?  For cateriring and competitions, what would you say are "need to haves" and what are "Nice to haves"?  Thanks for your help.

Galo
Cache Valley BBQ
Hyde Park, Utah
#1 - May 11, 2008, 08:36:30 am

Florida Boy

Chrome(It just kicks butt), upper shelves, at least one wood basket and steamer or water pans, Nice have is propane starter in fire box, Grill adder with gas burners, dual out side turkey burners an additional wood basket
#2 - May 13, 2008, 04:28:21 pm

TOPS BBQ

Drop gate to storage area under smoker.  Steel wheel.  Big ups to the gas assist to fire box.  Chrome is nice.  Would like to see the upper storage squared.  Charcoal grill adder.  Steamer is nice.
#3 - May 13, 2008, 04:54:06 pm
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

VisionQuest220

A WSM would be a great addition too!
#4 - May 13, 2008, 09:24:36 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Florida Boy

I had Travis to build me a custom Grill in the front and it really came nice! Not a WSM but I love it because it's custom. Also move light to the fenders and move fire box ehaust up to 5:00 or 7:00 or leave it at 6:00 :)
#5 - May 17, 2008, 06:03:35 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Do you have a picture of your unit with these options?  It would be great to see them.  ;)
#6 - May 17, 2008, 07:46:43 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Florida Boy

Mike I pick it up this Friday May 23rd a DPP 60 with Guru(2 25 cfm fans, Travis mounted it for me). A big grill in the front and I had the snout dampers capped off in the front to help eliminate hot spot in the front. It should act as a diffuser and make the smoke  go from the sides. Travis says if it works he will start using it. He says the front grill is a first and it really came out nice with two small exhaust pipes with baby chrome tips :) I think the size is like 27 x 32
#7 - May 17, 2008, 04:16:37 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I talked with Travis tonight and he said he is very happy with it and that it came out fantastic.  Once you get it, post some pictures of it.

I am working with Travis to develop a bigger trailer, tandem axle, with more options, (Grill, sinks, STORAGE, toolbox, cooler area, etc.), so hopefully we can get something on the drawing board.

Enjoy your unit, I know you will love it.  ;)
#8 - May 17, 2008, 10:11:24 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: