AZ Barbeque.com

Trailer mods

Discussion started on

DRQ

Ok all got my new fat 60... does anyone know anyone in the phoenix area I can find to upgrade my trailer stand... I really would prefer a wheel instead of the plate and I think I will need to get it re-enforced to be able to handle a wheel on there.... any help or info would be appreciated.
#1 - August 17, 2009, 02:36:16 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Go to Performance Trailer on 7th St. & Buckeye.

http://www.performancetrailersaz.com/

Looking forward to seeing you new smoker..  Congrats on the new purchase.  Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Are you planning on coming out and competing at any of our upcoming events?
#2 - August 17, 2009, 02:40:53 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzJohnnyC

Are you talking about the stand with a crank on it for raising and lowering the tongue when you hitch up? Harbor Freight has the swing-away ones with wheels that will bolt right across the frame. If you don't have enough room to bolt it, it might need to be welded. Let me know, I have a welder.
#3 - August 17, 2009, 03:57:42 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

DRQ

thanks guys i will check them out.... yes I actually plan on comepeting.... I was thinking of the weekend of september 11th in prescott but that may be to quick... will you be up there that weekend??? I kinda wanna see how this all works...
#4 - August 17, 2009, 08:55:13 pm

Crash

The Prescott event will be a great competition to get your feet wet at.  It would also be the perfect place to see how these events operate.  I cant think of a better place to learn about competition Q than at this event. 

Hopefully we'll see you there.
#5 - August 17, 2009, 09:01:52 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

If you want some help, the Prescott event will be the one to get it at.  We are just contracted to do the BBQ portion of this event, so we should have some time to hang out more than at the other 2 events where we run the entire events.

Come on up and enjoy it, you will be glad you did..  ;)
#6 - August 17, 2009, 10:05:56 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

TOPS BBQ

DRQ - Check out the posts on mods I had done http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/diamond-plate-smokersgrills/fat-50-mods/ You'll find the wheel I had welded on with reinforcements.  If you put that Harbour Frieght wheel on there, be prepared to replace it after the first or second run.  My recommendation to you is lower the jack all the way down and then roll the smoker around.  This way there is less torque on the wheel.  Good luck!
#7 - August 18, 2009, 07:27:05 am
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

AzJohnnyC

I've got that Harbor Freight jack with a wheel on a 20 foot trailer that I regularly load with three to five quads and haven't had a problem with it. I'm not sure what your trailer weighs compared to mine. They also sell a trailer dolly. I bought one of those and it makes maneuvering a trailer around alot easier, especially for one person. You don't even need a wheel on your jack for that.
#8 - August 18, 2009, 08:43:39 am
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

azkitch

And when it comes to competing, first wrap the surgical rubber around the top of your arm. Then when you push the needle in...OK, maybe not that addictiing, but close. And healthier. Probably no cheaper...more legal, and easier to find!
#9 - August 21, 2009, 09:54:20 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: