AZ Barbeque.com

Fat 50 Vs 60

Discussion started on

DRQ

can you cook smaller portions on the 60??  or is it better to load it up??? In other words can it be used for a small get together as well as a large gathering?? same with the fat 50..

Thanks
#1 - May 07, 2009, 04:23:30 pm

TOPS BBQ

Technically, yes.  It would take the same amount of fuel to heat that unit up for a small amount of meat or a lot.  I have smoked as little as three Tri-tips on mine.

What you should do is tell the neighbors you're going to cook and if there's anything they want.  Have them pay for all the meat and then you'll have a full cooker. ;D
#2 - May 07, 2009, 04:53:14 pm
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Absolutely, I have had a 70 series that I just cooked 4 racks of ribs and a few Whole chickens on.  Sometimes it's nice to not load it up and enjoy the smoker..
#3 - May 07, 2009, 09:06:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

DRQ

Thanks all... Thats what I wanted to know..... I like the idea about the neighbors... right now I have a small smoker and they always want me to smoke something for them.. lol this will make it much easier...
#4 - May 07, 2009, 09:54:23 pm

force

Hell I cooked just one nice ribeye on my 70's series........ looked small on the grill but large on the plate and had a fantastic flavor........
#5 - May 07, 2009, 10:30:21 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: